1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Sig 556 Rifle

Discussion in 'Rifle & Shotgun Discussion' started by BigBoreOkie, Apr 30, 2010.

1. BigBoreOkie

BigBoreOkie Marksman Member

Anyone have one of these? CDNN is selling them for a good price, BUT you get a Sig 522 rifle for free with the purchase of the 556. So, I was going to sell my Smith 29-3 anyways and get another conceal carry but now I think I will put that towards one of these Sig combos. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with it. Only Sig I have is one of there 1911 and it is excellent.

My wife is the only one not happy with my new find
    :chop:

2. txnavalaviator

txnavalaviator Sharpshooter Member

They are awesome! That is also a great deal. I've shot my brothers Sig 556 many times and I've had half a mind to try and trade into one myself. If you do some searching you'll be hard pressed to find a bad review on the 556. I cant speak on behalf of the 522 but I've yet to have a bad Sig experience.

3. AirMech74

AirMech74 Sharpshooter Member

That sounds like a pretty sweet deal...the 556 is a badass rifle

4. Profreedomokie

Profreedomokie Sharpshooter Member

I bought the "1 of 2000" set about 5 weeks ago. I shot the 522 about 100 rds. I've only put 31 rds through the 556. It is a well built gun at a good price. Is it worlds better than a good AR? To some yes. I have though about trading the 556 for a Para Target Tactical but, I should give it time to grow on me. I like the 1 in 7 twist of the Sig but, I like the lighter weight and parts availablity of the Para. Profreedomokie

5. mmcbeat

mmcbeat Sharpshooter Member

I saw this thread and downloaded the CDNN catalog only to find the 556's prices "POR". Anyone care to share the prices so I won't have to call?

6. BigBoreOkie

The one I called about was 14 something. And from looking around most 522's sell between 425 and 495

7. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Sharpshooter Member

I have a 522. They are awesome little plinkers. I say go for the deal!

8. Nighthawk

Nighthawk Sharpshooter Member

You cannot go wrong with a Sig 556. I am not a Sig Dealer. I have the rifle, I have the pistol, I like both. Gas piston, great well constructed weapon. Thank you, Eugene Stoner.

9. Dr. Tad Hussein Winslow

Dr. Tad Hussein Winslow Sharpshooter Member

That's pretty sweet - how much for both a 556 and a 522 from CDNN?

10. BigBoreOkie

You buy the Sig 556 for 1400 something and you get a Sig 522 for free. I haven't gotten my order in yet, but I am really considering it. Supposed to be good for another week or two.