• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Silencers Are Getting Approved Quickly!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
@GHArms
If you buy as individual what happens when you pass away?

After your death, there can be a free transfer to the beneficiary of the silencer. Your beneficiary will fill out similar paperwork you completed – ATF Form 5 (which is a form for a tax-free transfer), fingerprint cards, certification of compliance form- and submit the forms for the same background check you had.

https://www.silencercentral.com/blog/what-happens-to-your-silencer-when-you-die/

Jgibs0321

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   1
After your death, there can be a free transfer to the beneficiary of the silencer. Your beneficiary will fill out similar paperwork you completed – ATF Form 5 (which is a form for a tax-free transfer), fingerprint cards, certification of compliance form- and submit the forms for the same background check you had.

https://www.silencercentral.com/blog/what-happens-to-your-silencer-when-you-die/
Better question, how often does the ATF follow suppressor owners to know if said original purchaser has died from the long list of ways to die?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I’m on a form 4 trust for a Wolverine and a sbr 86 Tula krink Ak74 and I’m at 290 days today. I don’t believe anything anyone says about it. Just saying. But it is on a trust. Tax stamps are government extortion anyway 😉

Whether you believe it or not lol.... it's happening. Saw two come back this week, submitted 1-2 weeks ago.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
You don't.
@clintbailey

To expand on this. I was about to pass out last night.

You won't see progress or status on your E Form profile for Form 4.
You get an email when status changes, but it is pretty generic.

Some follow the time line on ATF site or Silencershop site. Another is following chatter in NFA groups.

It isn't specific to yours, but it is the easiest way to see the submitted dates of current approvals. However it seems that Efiled Form 4 Individual are being approved rapidly while Efiled 4 Trusts are slow and way behind.

I haven't paid attention to see if any older form 4 individuals are being held hostage as new filed are being prioritized.

Latest posts

Top Bottom