Some Good Things about Getting Older

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The lady at Taco Bell asked me if I wanted the discount a few weeks ago. I refused. Who does that? I turned down a discount!
Lol. Wife isn't old enough for a senior discount yet,(and doesn't look the part) and was really mad when a teenage perkins wait staff assumed her and her younger friend were seniors and gave them the senior portion of the lunch they ordered. Really mad. lol.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lol. Wife isn't old enough for a senior discount yet,(and doesn't look the part) and was really mad when a teenage perkins wait staff assumed her and her younger friend were seniors and gave them the senior portion of the lunch they ordered. Really mad. lol.

LOL! yeah, I remember asking for a small coke once a few years back and the kid gave me this itty bitty cup and said, "that'll be 15 cents please". Took me a second to realize that he was giving me the senior discount. I wasn't even old enough for it yet then, and it did kind of piss me off. But I just took my arthritic self over to the table with the other old guys and sat quietly, reflecting on my wasted youth as I sipped my senior coke.

Travis798

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is is sad that I'm only 35 and ones mentioned pertaining to memory already fit me? I was getting a senior citizens discount at a wendys in Ohio when I was 29. It was the only eating place between my work and fifth wheel and I usually didn't feel like cooking by the time I worked 14+ hours so I was there a lot until I realized a little blue building I always passed was a little cafe. I enjoyed the discount then, but it might bother me if I start getting it in 10-15 years.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When wife and I were in our 40's, cafeteria gave us a senior disc. We never asked for it.

I loved it, my wife was mad as hell...lmao....still laugh about it.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
- Kidnappers probably aren't going to kidnap you and hold you for ransom.

- Your secrets are safe with your older friends because they can't remember them either.

Latest posts

Top Bottom