Some Things Never Change

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Really? You think an athlete on a college team should be allowed to get drunk when he’s not playing. They should be held to a higher standard because they are expected to be in peak physical condition to play their best. Another $50 says OU has this as a rule for their players. Unenforced obviously but a rule nonetheless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Oh get off your high horse. You are making a bigger deal out of this than it is, more than likely simply because its an OU player. They are no different than regular college students. He drank too much and was caught in public. It is not that big of a deal. You are just making it a big deal because its obvious you hate OU. At least be honest about it.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Oh get off your high horse. You are making a bigger deal out of this than it is, more than likely simply because its an OU player. They are no different than regular college students. He drank too much and was caught in public. It is not that big of a deal. You are just making it a big deal because its obvious you hate OU. At least be honest about it.

What would you do? I think a player for any team should be suspended for at least one game. You don’t? As explained earlier I hate the entitled attitude of some OU players and the failure of the administration to hold them accountable for rules violations. They have some great players and they have a few that break the rules with no consequences. It’s been that way for so long it’s the culture there now.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What would you do? I think a player for any team should be suspended for at least one game. You don’t? As explained earlier I hate the entitled attitude of some OU players and the failure of the administration to hold them accountable for rules violations. They have some great players and they have a few that break the rules with no consequences. It’s been that way for so long it’s the culture there now.

It that way at EVERY SINGLE UNIVERSITY! Not just OU. And for this infraction? First off, the only rule most athletics departments have on drinking is no underage drinking. The rest is just following local, state and federal laws. The only punishment he should get is just getting gassed in practice. So no, a one game suspension is not warranted.

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I said I think it should apply to any school but it never seems to at OU. Thanks for sharing your opinion. So just to be clear, you think it’s ok for a starter on a college team to consume alcohol to the point of becoming intoxicated when not playing?

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Calum is a sophomore; I believe he’s only 19.

@pstmstr He may sit this week. Riley has acknowledged the arrest and that action will be taken, but hasn’t stated what that is. So we don’t yet know.

I hope Riley does make that call. It’s the right thing to do and may prevent other athletes from doing likewise.
Here is the OU Student Alcohol policy

http://www.ou.edu/content/dam/studentlife/documents/AlcoholPolicyRev091911.pdf

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Your pot is as black as the kettle that you so desperately despise, so give it a rest. That's my opinion.

Doesn’t answer the questions. Not that I really expected you to but that’s a cute comeback. Did you learn that in cute jokes 101 at OU?

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Notify all OU players that class is cancelled and an overturned beer truck is in OKC this morning.

b8c946c44d209e8981e4c0719f715900.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom