Some Things Never Change

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Ok mods, if such positions still exist on OSA, you can close this one out. We’ve learned that only a couple of people think he should sit out a game and no one has enough confidence in Riley doing that to wager $50. I’ll start a new post when the next player is arrested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And your point is? Do you think an athlete of any team should be punished for being intoxicated during the season he or she is supposed to be maintaining themselves in peak physical condition?

One could also argue that public intox is not a victimless crime but we can save that for another time.

No. Absolutely not regardless of team. It’s a personal issue. These athletes are adults and adults can do whatever they please so long as it does not harm someone else. No, diminished performance is not harm.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
At least the title of this thread is accurate.
Some things never change, like an OSU fan being all butthurt because a better team had a player get in very minor trouble, which can be solved by the PD with a night in jail and some fines, and wants to cry about him maybe not getting punished by his football coach.

BOOMER SOONER!!!

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
And your point is? Do you think an athlete of any team should be punished for being intoxicated during the season he or she is supposed to be maintaining themselves in peak physical condition?

One could also argue that public intox is not a victimless crime but we can save that for another time.

He's not a running back or a receiver. He's a kicker. I'm sure he'd be just fine on a mild hangover.

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
No. Absolutely not regardless of team. It’s a personal issue. These athletes are adults and adults can do whatever they please so long as it does not harm someone else. No, diminished performance is not harm.

Good to know the high standards of excellence you would set if you were head coach. It’s going to be quite amusing if he hooks one left from the 20 and they lose a game by 2 points. “I’m sorry coach, the goalposts looked a bit fuzzy”.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
43 posts and not 1 single Sooner fan has said he should be held accountable.

No, but what I said is I have zero info other than what is in the news report. I guess you have an inside track as to all the facts of the situation. I do not pass judgement on what I have no facts for!! What you think is or is not going to happen makes no difference because you have zero to add but your opinion ....................

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
At least the title of this thread is accurate.
Some things never change, like an OSU fan being all butthurt because a better team had a player get in very minor trouble, which can be solved by the PD with a night in jail and some fines, and wants to cry about him maybe not getting punished by his football coach.

BOOMER SOONER!!!

You keep whining about OSU and I have repeatedly said that a player in this situation from ANY school should miss at least 1 game. You’ve still failed or refused to say what you would do if your were Riley. Enlighten us instead of posting weak sarcasm. It’s great to support your team, surely you can imagine what you would do if given the golden opportunity to coach the greatest team to ever play football.

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
No, but what I said is I have zero info other than what is in the news report. I guess you have an inside track as to all the facts of the situation. I do not pass judgement on what I have no facts for!! What you think is or is not going to happen makes no difference because you have zero to add but your opinion ....................

I have no facts other than he was arrested and charged. Riley said he would take action. I’m saying he should miss at least 1 game and I said I bet $50 he would start Saturday. Would you care to take that bet or are you just another enraged Sooner fan that thinks winning is all that matters.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You keep whining about OSU and I have repeatedly said that a player in this situation from ANY school should miss at least 1 game. You’ve still failed or refused to say what you would do if your were Riley. Enlighten us instead of posting weak sarcasm. It’s great to support your team, surely you can imagine what you would do if given the golden opportunity to coach the greatest team to ever play football.

So if I was coaching the greatest team to ever play football like you mentioned and I had a player do this.........I'd say "Look young man, this may be acceptable up in Oklahoma but we ain't behaving this way in Texas!"

Trollin trollin trollin.......

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good to know the high standards of excellence you would set if you were head coach. It’s going to be quite amusing if he hooks one left from the 20 and they lose a game by 2 points. “I’m sorry coach, the goalposts looked a bit fuzzy”.

Well I’m not a head coach and even if I were, meddling in other people’s lives is not something I value. The reality is that so long as you deliver on the field, I could care less what you do off the field. If this kid lets booze take over his life, nature will take its course and he will lose his position to the next man up. You don’t need to nanny other people and you really shouldn’t. It’s a self correcting issue. Besides, it’s just a damn game and these athletes are adults after all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom