Somebody is shooting rabbits in the neighborhood

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live in Suburbia in Broken Arrow...in the middle of a big neighborhood. Yesterday while mowing, I found a dead rabbit in the back yard by the AC unit. I assumed natural causes as there's lots of rabbits around here but I just went out to take care of it and what do I find right next to the body? A practice arrow with lots of fur on it. So apparently some jackass is shooting rabbits here with a bow and arrow and somehow one ran into my yard to die. Kinda makes me curious how far this thing ran before it finally passed...and why someone thinks its OK to shoot rabbits in the neighborhood like that.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I live in Suburbia in Broken Arrow...in the middle of a big neighborhood. Yesterday while mowing, I found a dead rabbit in the back yard by the AC unit. I assumed natural causes as there's lots of rabbits around here but I just went out to take care of it and what do I find right next to the body? A practice arrow with lots of fur on it. So apparently some jackass is shooting rabbits here with a bow and arrow and somehow one ran into my yard to die. Kinda makes me curious how far this thing ran before it finally passed...and why someone thinks its OK to shoot rabbits in the neighborhood like that.

I don't see what the problem is, it's not a firearm. Is it illegal to use bows and arrows in City limits?

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Just another human folk that has little regard for the kinder/smaller/cuter animals of nature. I am sure that rabbit was a threat to his garden or purty flowers in the flower bed. Makes perfect sense that the rabbit had to die a painful death IOT ensure the problem was eradicated. on the other hand, maybe there is a prick in your neighborhood that gets off on leaving animals to die for his sick sadistic pleasure. Either way, shot out of season and left to die. Someone is suffering from tiny peepee!!

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What purpose did it serve? Its not rabbit season...he didnt track down what he shot, he wasnt using appropriate "ammo" for hunting to start with, etc.

The biggest crime here is that it's not hunting season. It's important to follow hunting laws or else it could hurt all hunters.

He might have tried to track it down, who knows? It's easy to lose track of a small animal. Especially in a neighborhood.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well in 'suburbia broken Arrow" we have a **** load of rabbits, they can cause some serious damage to a garden.

I wouldn't used a damn bow and arrow though, usually a pellet gun when I have had to get rid of them and only in season. I can 20 or more every morning when I walk but they aren't near my house.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've lost all but 1 of my Zinnias, half my Globe Amaranth and 4 tomato plants to rabbits this year, and they've girdled one of my peach trees which probably won't make it. So Yes, there's a reason to shoot rabbits this time of year, Hunting Season and Hunting Liscense be Damned.!

However, sticking something with a practice point as a non starter. Do it right or don't do it at all..

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is also a law against "wanten waste". If they're going to shoot the rabbit.... fine. Don't leave it laying to rot n someone else's yard. Now let's talk about shooting a bow in town.... it's very dangerous to do so. What if they miss and it goes through a slat in the fence? It could wound or kill a home owner. Just my .02.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom