Sons of guns WTF momment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, if the super, super obese gunsmith chokes on a Little Debbie snack cake, how the hell are they gonna get him out? 4-5 trips up the stairs or maybe blast him out with a big platter charge?

And, who actually pays 10k for a SAA clone?

Skiluvr03

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a crying shame. I was all excited about Sons of Guns and American guns when they first came out but they have made me sick too. I watched it last night when the American Guns one in Colorado charged $1500.00 for a pair of .380 revolvers to a young married couple that was just getting into guns. I'm kinda glad that they are helping to make guns more acceptable to otherwise anti-gun people in our society who may get their mind changed by watching these shows. Personally, I have cancelled all my future DVR recordings of the shows. I noticed that my favorite shows on Wednesday night Outdoor channel been having a lot of re-runs, but that's to be expected in the summertime. I do think the daughter on American Guns is hot and the one on Sons of Guns is okay, if you keep her mouth shut, her voice gets on my nerves.

Last edited:

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is a sad day when reality shows (which suck **** through a straw anyway) have to fabricate all kinds of stuff to make their shows better.

When Tyler was going to PC West, a crew from MTV filmed the football team, a handful of favorite players (he was one), kids at school, and so on. We had to sign a contract the size of the yellow pages. A big part gave MTV the right to make stuff up, and "create a more dramatic or interesting situation." We asked him if he wanted to do it, and he said sure. The show was cancelled before they finished filming. Not enough drama, I guess.

jsl_pt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah I knew it was fake to a large degree, but surprised how much was faked after reading the link above about last nights episode. They just pull a gun off the shelf and call it his grandpas gun, wtf? And they are running empty theough most of the courses, ridiculous. Like I said I expect drama to be added, but the whole damn thing is fake.

Skiluvr03

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, I have been at Special Events at times in my life and which were covered by TV News and Newspapers and when I see them on TV or read about it in the papers, I'm like, did they see the same damn thing I saw? They totally manipulate the facts to either sway the public to their thinking, or make it more exciting to gain more interest. The old adage is true, you just can't believe what you read or see on TV!

Shriner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On AG the Avon PD swat needs a big gun , so why does not the armorer just order a Rem700 , or Les Bear rifle , a weapon systm off the shelf that works ,parts can be had ez -unlike a one off proto type . $1700 for hd shotgun starting off with HIS GUN that guy must go throug a lot of KY making deals like that.

SBD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to add something. Why is it that they always portray the business owners as complete Jack Arses (Red Jacket in particular - what a fool)? I have worked for several of those types and despise the notion that one must be a arrogant jerk to be successful. Same goes for those other pseudo-reality shows like "Dumbest Catch". Really!? Flying around in a chopper to buy used guns or intimidating your employees or worse you own kin is not good TV nor does it do any justice to the "real" people who sell, trade, build, modify or just plain enjoy playing with firearms. I don't waste time on those ridiculous shows. Much prefer "How it's made", "Modern Marvels", "How do they do it" and that sort of stuff. Oh yeah by-the-by, a shout out to the fella (sorry I can't remember his name - my ancient and atrophied brain doesn't work like it used to) at the Cushing Police range. He hosts some shooting every other weekend. Excellent host by my account and a great place to go. I encourage anyone without a place to shoot to go there so that they will continue the program.

Latest posts

Top Bottom