SQ 788 Regs - Keep the Cartels out of the MMJ Market

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
To keep the Cartels from infiltrating and corrupting the legal MMJ market, common sense regulations should be put in place to require that all MMJ businesses E-Verify all their workers and illegal aliens should be prohibited from obtaining licenses or recommendations with criminal/civil penalties for violations. Regulations should be put in place requiring that only U.S. citizens can be eligible to apply for and obtain licenses or reccomendations.

If Felons and pregnant women are prohibited in the draft regulations, then non-citizens and illegal aliens definitely should be prohibited, too.

Comments and suggested regulations can be submitted here:

https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/01921faf4d8041bbb23622157ce58455

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only way you're going to keep the cartels out is to keep the price low enough to make the profit margin not worth the risk. As long as they can make piles of money, they'll either infiltrate the system, or operate outside of it on the parallel black market and undercut the system.

ZombieHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To keep the Cartels from infiltrating and corrupting the legal MMJ market, common sense regulations should be put in place to require that all MMJ businesses E-Verify all their workers and illegal aliens should be prohibited from obtaining licenses or recommendations with criminal/civil penalties for violations. Regulations should be put in place requiring that only U.S. citizens can be eligible to apply for and obtain licenses or reccomendations.

If Felons and pregnant women are prohibited in the draft regulations, then non-citizens and illegal aliens definitely should be prohibited, too.

Comments and suggested regulations can be submitted here:

https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/01921faf4d8041bbb23622157ce58455

I second and third this.

My brother and I, both born in the pacific NW moved to Oklahoma in the Great Financial Crisis and fell in love with 97% of the culture and beliefs. Now its 100%.

We OWN outright everything and anywhere we are planning on producing. Nothing is near a school. Everything is purpose built. And has been for 3 years, sitting.....waiting.

We are both proud Americans, zero felonies, zero record, family in Military and LE BOTH, and I don't even have a passport.....why the hell would I leave the USA?

ZombieHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only way you're going to keep the cartels out is to keep the price low enough to make the profit margin not worth the risk. As long as they can make piles of money, they'll either infiltrate the system, or operate outside of it on the parallel black market and undercut the system.

How does less than $300 a lb for outdoor average dry as a bone sound, and less than $800 indoor to wholesale AND LICENSED processors or DISPENSARIES?

The TOP TOP TOP shelf indoor is still going to cost you $50 an 1/8 at the counter, but the grower doesn't get anywhere near that. It pays to be fully vertically integrated. Which if anyone here is thinking about doing a dispensary. Please contact me.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How does less than $300 a lb for outdoor average dry as a bone sound, and less than $800 indoor to wholesale AND LICENSED processors or DISPENSARIES?

The TOP TOP TOP shelf indoor is still going to cost you $50 an 1/8 at the counter, but the grower doesn't get anywhere near that. It pays to be fully vertically integrated. Which if anyone here is thinking about doing a dispensary. Please contact me.
I have no idea; I don't know the street prices. But being able to provide a consistently high-quality product at a price competitive with, or less than, the questionable stuff on the street corner will drive the corner dealers out of business.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have no idea; I don't know the street prices. But being able to provide a consistently high-quality product at a price competitive with, or less than, the questionable stuff on the street corner will drive the corner dealers out of business.
As it is doing in Colorado. I've posted this before, but we stayed at a motel across the street from a legal dispensary in Durango.
We didn't see one vehicle come and go from the open business all evening. Later the next morning at breakfast I commented on that and the waitstaff person said dispensaries were for tourists. The cheaper and better pot was available from bubba at the corner.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As it is doing in Colorado. I've posted this before, but we stayed at a motel across the street from a legal dispensary in Durango.
We didn't see one vehicle come and go from the open business all evening. Later the next morning at breakfast I commented on that and the waitstaff person said dispensaries were for tourists. The cheaper and better pot was available from bubba at the corner.
Some people cant wait to get stoned and others have $$$ in their eyes. Its already starting

Latest posts

Top Bottom