SQ 788 Regs - Keep the Cartels out of the MMJ Market

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZombieHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As it is doing in Colorado. I've posted this before, but we stayed at a motel across the street from a legal dispensary in Durango.
We didn't see one vehicle come and go from the open business all evening. Later the next morning at breakfast I commented on that and the waitstaff person said dispensaries were for tourists. The cheaper and better pot was available from bubba at the corner.

Colorado was over saturated fast. So was Oregon, but there are still many many many successful businesses. Hell one dispensary that has 7 locations alone has an open offer to BUY businesses outright, They are sitting on liquid $60-100m in cash easy.

Now I don't profess to be a saint who wants to be poor, but I also don't think those that haven't been around will be around in the future.

Its easy as **** to grow. And economies of scale will always bring the cost down. Also more economical operations say, that have one or two growers who can manage hundreds of plants (me) give little regard to the operation with 20 people doing the same thing.

I could tell you about the dispensaries I sell product through, never have less than 5 cars in a 20 spot lot. And more often than not, Overflow into the Applebees.

The reality is that dispensary you saw, probably had **** product!

ZombieHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have no idea; I don't know the street prices. But being able to provide a consistently high-quality product at a price competitive with, or less than, the questionable stuff on the street corner will drive the corner dealers out of business.

How about 30% less than street prices, with a lab certified test saying my Cannabis is actually clean, and has say 18% THC or more.....

Or......

How about the same price as the street with the same things, and you get to see a smiling US citizen bag it all up for you and hand you a card telling you about the dangers to young kids, and the Gentleman or Woman kindly helping you, knows you by name, and has some suggestions for your ailments. And then we put the people who are running UNLICENSED BUSINESSES that are HEAVILY REGULATED, in Jail!

Oh and we pay taxes. So instead of funding a righteous failure of a war on drugs. We can actually create prosperity.

ZombieHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The dealer 3 houses down from me was pulling into the polling place as I was leaving. I'm betting he was voting "NO".

He is "fired"

Should have stayed out of the illegal game. No one who is putting up money wants to touch someone who was a "dealer" Just salty they can't business. And didn't save any of that sweet sweet profit. I mean. $30 a gram for top shelf indoor there that is $50 an 1/8 in Colorado or Oregon or California is HIGHWAY ROBBERY, and you can bet your sweet mitts some corrupt cop somewhere was grifting that and is PISSED.

That guy is what people like me like to call a "dick". And a self-righteous one at that.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If the cartels want in the game, all they have to do is recruit legal US citizens with money or “an offer they can’t refuse” and expand from there.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I could tell you about the dispensaries I sell product through, never have less than 5 cars in a 20 spot lot. And more often than not, Overflow into the Applebees.

The reality is that dispensary you saw, probably had **** product!

There's no shortage of customers at dispensaries in Colorado on the whole. It's still plenty cheap enough that middle class and better can buy what they can recreationally use with ease. Because people would rather buy from a legit business and know what they are getting (particularly dosing with edibles).

The State is collecting taxes at amounts that shows legal sales are strong. Sure, bureaucracy doesn't mean that tax money is used effectively for schools and the $50-100 million in taxes levied each year is a drop in the bucket compared to the 5-6 billion CO education budget. But that's their legislature's fault (much like our lottery).

Illegal drug routes still exist, sure. (even for stuff like Sudafed in Oklahoma which is an OTC drug not requiring a prescription). But it's not people circumventing dispensaries en masse and buying from cartels. Well-run dispensaries are doing well for themselves like any other competent business could be doing.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Regarding objections, are you opposed to non-citizens and illegal aliens being prohibited and/or businesses being required to E-verify?

If so, why?

I'm not sure who you're asking, but I'll explore the questions.

>>are you opposed to non-citizens and illegal aliens being prohibited

Illegals, not opposed to prohibiting but they'd simply then go through illegal means of acquiring it if they want it. I think a prohibition on them getting a card would simply be ineffective.

Non-Citizens... well if they're a resident alien here temporarily or permanently I'm not sure why we'd need to bother prohibiting them. They can see doctors and seek prescriptions otherwise, so restrict their access to this?

>>businesses being required to E-verify

Should be the same for any other legit business (say, a pharmacy tech) that is required to E-verify. Med MJ industry shouldn't be any more lax nor any more restrictive.

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
I'm not sure who you're asking, but I'll explore the questions.

>>are you opposed to non-citizens and illegal aliens being prohibited

Illegals, not opposed to prohibiting but they'd simply then go through illegal means of acquiring it if they want it. I think a prohibition on them getting a card would simply be ineffective.

Non-Citizens... well if they're a resident alien here temporarily or permanently I'm not sure why we'd need to bother prohibiting them. They can see doctors and seek prescriptions otherwise, so restrict their access to this?

>>businesses being required to E-verify

Should be the same for any other legit business (say, a pharmacy tech) that is required to E-verify. Med MJ industry shouldn't be any more lax nor any more restrictive.

Hmmm, I wasn't aware that illegal aliens could be licensed as pharmacists in Oklahoma.

Latest posts

Top Bottom