State of the union

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1krr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was lots of big talk some of which sounded good but almost no actionable points from which to measure success against... But the republican response was even worse. I couldn't tell if I was to buy a used volvo or adopt an abandoned puppy. Comeback on the campaign bit was good tho... So all in all, meh...

skatalite

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like it's been said already: Pure politics.

Obama appealed to every minority during his speech, especially those who feel marginalized by Washington in general (read: by Republicans). By saying he wants free child care, free college education, and so on, he's just setting up the Republican Congress to look like bad guys. When they shoot down those ideas the low-information, single-issue and entitlement-fueled voters will see the Republicans as haters of children, women, education and fairness for all.

Obama's speech was a bunch of hollow ideas with no explanation on how it would ever get paid for.

Meanwhile Obama's White House only pays women 88 cents to every male staffers' 100 cents.

Meanwhile the average household income has dropped about $2,000 since he first took office. And the federal public debt is nearly double what it was in 2008. His approval rating is at 45 percent, with 64 percent of Americans saying the nation is on the wrong track.

Yet all social media can talk about is how he was the first president to say "Instagram" in the SOTU address.

Oy vey.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting that the Republican reply to the speech...did not reply to the speech. The Congress woman from Iowa said she would state what needed to be done. I wonder if Obama knows he wasted his time...and everyone elses.

Latest posts

Top Bottom