State Schrool Superintendent Race

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody following this? Barresi is running the most ruthless campaign I've ever seen. Not just because the only thing I've seen out of her is negative, but downright mean. Seems she's desperate. Barresi definitely seems fits my "re-elect no one" choice. Thoughts?

candrpotts

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just make sure you listen to all "the fine print"

Liking common core isn't the same thing as turning control of our education system over to the feds.

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As far as I can tell, Joy Hofmeister has been consistently against Common Core and Barresi has been for it. That gets my vote going to Hofmeister.

(But, will I put my faith and trust in either of them? Noop.)

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Barresi definitely seems fits my "re-elect no one" choice. Thoughts?
So far, that fits everyone but Lankford for me, because he's the only one telling me about himself--the rest seem to be running nothing but awful attack ads about their opponents.

And I really want to start hunting the "people" at the "social welfare" organizations with dogs. Their ads are despicable.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So far, that fits everyone but Lankford for me, because he's the only one telling me about himself--the rest seem to be running nothing but awful attack ads about their opponents.

And I really want to start hunting the "people" at the "social welfare" organizations with dogs. Their ads are despicable.

I just hope we can send our incumbents a message.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't have kids in school in a long time, and just heard about the common core thing awhile back when it became controversial.

One side said that if kids couldn't read at a certain level they would have to undergo reading remedial classes, and not held back.

The other side said we need to let our schools decide.

I know for a fact that if you can't read, you will never be an educated person and relegated to flipping burgers.

Not trying to start an argument, but what is wrong with having kids learning to read? I've seen college kids that can barely read.

That's not right. It seems our schools don't recognize the need to teach reading?

Latest posts

Top Bottom