Stinger Trouble?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A lot of guns, especially marlins and some 10/22's are a little short chambered and also leave something to be desired on the throat length.
If you have access to a 22lr chamber reamer.
Run it in and see if it goes all the way in to the rim cutting shoulder without cutting anything.
Be willing to bet it won't.
Those same guns will have trouble with 60gr. subsonics and may leave a bullet in the barrel if you try to extract a loaded round.

OSSwill

Marksman
Reaction score
Well, NUTS!

I can't say I have recent experience, but 20 years ago, I shot thousands of rounds of Stingers, and never had a problem. Not in the Ruger MK series pistols, not in the 10/22's, not in the Marlin 60. Of course there were no problems in the bolt actions, lever actions or revolvers. I even shot them in an old FIE pistol I had. (Anyone remember those? Will anyone admit to having owned one?) Accuracy was never great, but they ran in everything I ever tried them in.

I suspect that Stingers have been victimized by the production cost reduction decisions that have ruined many of my old favorites.

Will

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have not heard of any bad reports other than most guns dont produce very good accuracy. Stinger accuracy not very good in my Savage MK II bolt action and Remington 581. Have shot some great groups out my ruger super single six though.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
S&W recommends the CCI stingers for its M&P 15-22. I've shot the stingers in my M&P 15-22 with excellent accuracy. Also shot them in several revolvers, a semi-auto pistol and a bolt rifle... never had even the slightest hic-up.

jerbo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use them in my S&W 15-22 an so far no probs. I got them for varments mostly, but i've got a couple of 22 pistols i load with them to.

Latest posts

Top Bottom