Stolen trail cam's---SO MAD!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My friend and I have now had two trail cam's stolen on our lease property. Does anyone know of a real time GPS tracking device that is somewhat low cost with a small monthly fee?

I am thinking about putting one in a dummy camera. So far this is the best I have found.

http://www.zoombak.com/products/universal/

Back in the day before cheap alarms, the old Jeep owners trick was to mount some razorblades under the dash to slow down thieves. This might be adaptable.

osugrads

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am trying to be proactive for all hunters. I called a local oklahoma company that has a GPS tracking device smaller than a credit card. You can "ping" it up to 50 a month for the first year included in the price $400 and then it is $99/yr after. Trying to talk to him about being a beta tester to install it in a game cam. He did not give me an immediate no, as it turns out he is an avid hunter and knows exactly what we face every year. I will call bushnell tuesday and see if they will donate a broken carmera to use as a dummy and set something up. The bad thing about the lock boxes is they will destroy everthing trying to get it open or just cut the python lock with bolt cutters. If they don't steal it you can maybe get a picture but that really does not catch them. GPS tracking speaks for itself regarding the longterm resolution.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would HIGHLY advise against this, and it bothers me that you would even suggest it!

You're right. On second though, you should probably leave any tools they might need to remove your trail cameras there also, that way they don't accidentally cut themselves with a pocket knife trying to take it down.

I also always leave a spare Glock and some body armor by each entry point to my house so that I won't have an unfair advantage against any intruder.

I also always cut the hooks off my fishing lures!

penismightier

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're right. On second though, you should probably leave any tools they might need to remove your trail cameras there also, that way they don't accidentally cut themselves with a pocket knife trying to take it down.

I also always leave a spare Glock and some body armor by each entry point to my house so that I won't have an unfair advantage against any intruder.

I also always cut the hooks off my fishing lures!

The more and more I read your posts, the more I realize how truly "special" you are.

To recommend that someone knowingly take an action which would intentionally hurt someone is absolutely asinine! There are PLENTY of other ways to solve the problem. A solution like what you have suggested should not even be an option.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The more and more I read your posts, the more I realize how truly "special" you are.

To recommend that someone knowingly take an action which would intentionally hurt someone is absolutely asinine! There are PLENTY of other ways to solve the problem. A solution like what you have suggested should not even be an option.

lol!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom