Stripping paint off cabinet doors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's the fast easy way of doing this? I have about 25 doors I want to strip and stain I was thinking about soda blasting them but heard it may not be good for the wood.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
EPA has strippers so watered down now that they are useless. I had to just sand everything by hand. I don't know that wood will hold up to blasting of any kind.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've done a ton of it lately and still have a ways to go. I just power sand them with 120/150/180 because it's the fastest method I've found. If you want to strip them citristrip actually works well.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
daniel, try the Jasco brand gel strippers. seems to be the last one that has some strength left. lowes has it

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Citristrip if you are doing it indoors works well. I have an antique bear claw table that I am stripping right now with the Citristrip. Jasco works well but the smell is righteous.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go to an actual paint store; Kelly Moore, Benjamin Moore, Sherwin-Williams. Get what the pros use, either citrus or gel. Talk to them and follow directions exactly. Then sand, sand, and sand again.
I use a belt sander, but it can do some damage quickly, if you careful.

Latest posts

Top Bottom