Sun Chips biodegradable bag too loud

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Sunchips were my favorite until the biodegradable bag, they still are, but I won't by them because of the bag. I wrote Frito-Lay and they explained why they did it and sent me a $5 HomeDepot gift card and a coupon for what I think was the last bag of Sunchips I bought.

Drail

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love the chips but the bag has to go! i put mine in a gallon zip lock bag.... after trying to eat some late one night..... woke the dogs which woke the wife and kids.... stupid bag

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow, 3 pages about how loud these bags are? Retarded... Almost as retarded as that thread about the JBT's doing a DL check.. Sheesh, what has this world come to! LOL

GoldenBear

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shouldn't this be a non-issue?

The bags are getting replaced (or are in the process of; don't know how long it'll take to trickle through the distribution channel though). Except for that one flavor, the almost popular one. :(

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/greenhouse/post/2010/10/sunchips-biodegradable-bags/1
SunChips biodegradable bags get bagged for noise
Are they really that loud? Consumer complaints that SunChips' new biodegradable bags are too noisy is prompting Frito-Lay to switch back to the old plastic packaging for five of the six chip flavors.

Frito-Lay will keep the biodegradable bags only for its plain flavor, which is the second best-selling one after Harvest Cheddar, reports the Associated Press. Its officials said the switch, begun in the middle of September, would be complete by middle to late October.

Get your collector's bags now so that you can sell them on eBay later and make millions!!!! :laugh6:

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The bag was too loud. We didn't have to appeal to our congressmen or petition the Lord with prayer.
The bag is history. You shouldn't have to wear ear protection to open a bag of chips. And you don't.
By god you don't.
That's how the free market works.

Latest posts

Top Bottom