Syria about to get real ugly

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As much as I would love to stay out of it, our foreign policy since 9/11 somewhat mandates that we do something if al-Assad uses any kind of WMD. You know, considering the fact that we've kind of built up our entire foreign policy around defending freedom and preventing the use of WMD. We invaded Iraq based entirely on the premise of WMD, no way we threaten our credibility on a global stage by knowingly allowing al-Assad to use sarin gas on civilians.

That's the other major key, civilians. Whoever thought to compare this to the US Civil War on Page 1, nice try. At what point did Lincoln or Davis order the mass extermination of entire cities? Scorched earth warfare is one thing, but deliberately killing civilians is totally different.

Saying that Syria doesn't affect us... Take a good look at the prices the next time you drive by a gas station. al-Assad pulls the trigger on sarin gas attacks and you can add fifty cents to that. If the conflict spills in to Turkey, S will HTF. This conflict is bad in so many different ways for all of Syria's neighbors. Sarin gas attacks would be the last straw to them. It would also probably turn the tide of Russian support in the UN.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I seem to have memories of Bush playing tiddlywinks with the UN and bitching about WMDs for about 6 months before going in. And hearing reports rumors of trucks going into where and coming back unloaded? Oh yeah, it was Syria. That's what it was.

I remember the Kurds getting gassed, why didn't someone do something about that?

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yeah!
So!

Bombs, fire, machine guns, gas? You're dead either way. And gas is a whole lot less messy than the alternatives.

And it's their civil war not ours.

We had ours. Imagine how different things would have turned out if the international community had intervened on the side of our rebels. Imagine.

Now think about how things turned out in Egypt and Libya. Yep. Messing around in other peoples' business. That works out real well doesn't it?

Besides if they want to kill each other off let 'em. Allah won't have any problems sortin' out the good from the bad. AND - If he can't sort 'em all out maybe he ain't all that akkbar after all.

i am in agreement. Even if it spills over, let it. Maybe it will spill into Iran and Saudi Arabia. Im just a little past careing about what those people do. If something happens with Isreal, let them deal with it unless they start losing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom