T-Mobile Internet Auto Pay Bait And Switch - Dumping Payment By Credit Card

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got a notice today from T-Mobile that as of July 21st they will no longer accept payment by credit card for payment of their internet service. Only debit card or checking account registration will be accepted to qualify for the $5.00 discount when enrolled in Auto Pay.

We signed up for the Auto Pay with our credit card for the convenience, security, and the $5.00 discount. Now they want us to sacrifice security by going to automatic bank account withdrawals or debit card automatic payments to keep the $5.00 discount. We dropped debit cards years ago due to our debit card being hacked every 3 or 4 months, and there is no way we will authorize access to our banking.

This is a really sucky move by T-Mobile. Until we can find an acceptable internet service alternative out here where we live, we'll be paying by check.

Thoughts?

Woody
I got the same notice by text; pretty sure it's a scam, don't tap on the link in the text.
I logged into my TMobile account on the web using my computer and they don't say anything about changing their autopay system.

Edit; just checked again and now it shows I have to update my payment method, looks like it's legit.:censored:

Last edited:

rhart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually, IIRC, T-Mobile offered me home internet for $5 off monthly (not 5%) if I auto payed with a credit card. Checked with my brother in Ohio and he's getting $5 off monthly as well (for phone service). That's way bigger than 5% (for internet at least)...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hate to tell y'all, but just about every place in the country now including mom and pop stores has two prices at the checkout.
Cash or CC. Cash is 2.5 to 3% cheaper.
Not many do that in Ok, but it's coming.

Latest posts

Top Bottom