Tannerite.....child killed and man loses leg.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKgetdown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've played with Tannerite a few times. I have a few friends and family members that like to have bang bang birthday parties. I'm the gun guy in the family, so I always get the call. It is kind of amazing it is legal. It's not to be fooled with. It's not a special effect. It's a real explosion that will definitely hurt/kill you. I think the package says 100yard distance recommendation. Thats probably about right for a few pounds or more. Just a 1-pound load won't reach out anywhere close to that far.

We've mixed up 5-gallon buckets of the stuff. You'll want the more than the full hundred on that LOL. Also, I think people get hurt by blowing up things like old appliances and whatnot. Don't underestimate the speed at which debris will come at you. Best not to blow things up. Just use a bucket or the packets it comes with. Also, the clean-up is next to impossible for old appliances.

ETA: I posted before I watched the video. Glad to see he spoke on blowing up old appliances. He aint lying. LOL

Last edited:

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think people also don't understand what happens when you put explosives in a confided space vs just sitting on the ground. I'm sure most prior military or USMC for sure have seen what happens when you put a blasting cap on a flat open surface vs detonating the same thing in a closed ammo can. HUGE difference.

Latest posts

Top Bottom