TCSO: Deputy shouldn't be charged because he confused his weapons (video)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firefighterguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I assume this is why cops either carry their taser on the left side and or use a drop leg holster. Sounds like a bunch of bs to me. It serves as a lesson to us citizens that carry. When the adrenaline is pumping your training takes over. This guy didn't have enough. That's why people preach practicing the reholster. Different thing, but still this guy shouldn't have been out there. I'm not ever sure he needed tazed at that point. It's a shame he died.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How are they pretending not everyone on scene knew he was shot? Adrenaline aside, ever heard a snubnose .357 from a few feet away? They had no problem hearing voices. Not to mention the visible blood.

TCSO has not helped themselves out any, here. Their statements remind me of a common criminal in the backseat that needs to STFU.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMO, this starts and ends with an officer aiming, shooting and killing a suspect that was already down and being controlled by a number of other officers.
Mistake, poor judgment, the dead guy's past history or recent illegal actions, etc., is only of concern to the jury. The Tulsa Co. Sheriff can close their internal investigation any time they want to and cite any BS excuse they choose, but it's up to the DA to decide if and what criminal charges will be filed.

Well said. I'm glad yhey charged him. Guys like this make the job much more dangerous for EVERYONE ... it's really too bad the sheriffs in Oklahoma will NEVER stop using volunteer, reserve officers.

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
it's really too bad the sheriffs in Oklahoma will NEVER stop using volunteer, reserve officers.

Why is that? We have numerous reserves at my agency. The vast majority are good deputies who want to help their community.... the few who don't fall into that category rarely show up to work and are removed.

Nothing screams poor craftsmanship like wrinkles in your duct tape

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Making excuses for Leo's is getting old on this forum. Leo's need to do a job and citizens need to start holding them accountable in court everytime.

Start prosecuting Officers in court with a jury and alot of these "oops my bad", "feared for my life" bullsh!t reasons for shooting untried innocent citizens would stop.

You should organize a proper witch-hunt and gather up all these nefarious law enforcement officers in one fell swoop. It was a tragic mistake born out of multiple errors in judgement and the idiot who shot Harris should be held accountable. But if Harris, a convicted felon, wasn't breaking the law in the first place and then hadn't run away from the officers making the arrest, who had every reason to expect that he was still armed, this would never have happened.

Latest posts

Top Bottom