Tell me about Spikes Tactical

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one of their mid length guns I built. Its probably my favorite AR that I own... the gun runs fantastic. Its all spikes except the dpms parts kit.

DDriller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They are on my "no buy from" list. Jacked up pricing during scare and mags are too tight in the lower that I do have from before the first scare with no help from their CS.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I amend my previous answer to clarify...I like their stuff, good quality, but I wouldn't buy from them or any other company that gouged shooter during that time. I'd be fine buying from a good dealer though since it's supporting the dealer not Spike's.

93 FOX

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are the best bang for your buck. I've used a TON of Spikes parts. All are gtg. I have two AR's with about 90% Spikes parts and love them.

Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really dig their lowers for the cool factor, plus a $90+tax price never hurt much either... Though, I haven't purchased any in the last few years lol. Quality stuff. I would probably get bent out of shape if they dicked me around waiting like GTG, I wouldn't want to deal direct to them, but I'd have no problem buying their stuff local.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have only built 2 of their lower receivers. Both hammer/trigger pin holes weren't quite .155 it seemed.
They work but I would rather use another lower for my personal collection.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought one of their lowers and a friend bought an LAR Grizzly lower. When I compared his and mine I sold mine and bought a Grizzly. It was cheaper and the finish was way better IMO.

I may have gotten one that was atypical but my experience was what it was.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
they are in spec parts that fit well and interchange well just like a whole bunch of other companies that have better ethics and business practices.

My wife's rifle has a spikes BCG because it was the only one I could find at the time bought from brownell's it fits and functions as intended.

If you're going for internet cool point's there are many more grown up options like Seekins Precision, Noveske, LaRue, KAC, etc. I personally am not a fan of the various spikes roll marks.

Last edited:

Insureyourself

Marksman
Reaction score
Bottom line is that if you can find an upper that you can buy for a price you feel is fair, do it. I have never had problems with them and I have three. I have never dealt with the company directly but all companies are going to be difficult to deal with until the administration changes and the demand goes back to normal. I have an extra lower and have not been able to find a spikes upper for it. If you can lay hands on it, I'd do it.

hnugen

New to the site!
Reaction score
I helped a friend file down his magazine well on one of the earlier receivers. No go for me. Also the dueling penis.....What has been seen cannot be unseen :igetit:

Latest posts

Top Bottom