Texas Doubling Down???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like the idea of it, but I doubt it passes constitutional muster.

SCOTUS has pretty consistently ruled against states enforcing immigration law. States have some leeway but it's limited. I'll be surprised if this one isn't challenged immediately if it becomes law.

It's a great idea and I'm glad to see TX do it. But I don't think it'll last.

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
SCOTUS has pretty consistently ruled against states enforcing immigration law. States have some leeway but it's limited. I'll be surprised if this one isn't challenged immediately if it becomes law.

Texas has become known lately for doing their own thing. Doesn’t seem like they care a lot about federal law or federal overreach. I hope they make it stick

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Has that been the consensus straight across or just the progressive democrats when they had the swing vote?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Has that been the consensus straight across or just the progressive democrats when they had the swing vote?

I don't know the makeup of the court every time they've ruled on the supremacy clause. But the court in general has pretty consistently held the federal government is responsible for immigration.

And, it hasn't just been democrats that got us into this mess. Ronald Reagan signed legislation that made over 3 million illegals eligible for amnesty. And republicans in general haven't done a damn thing about the situation since Reagan. With friends like that, who needs enemies?

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 432352
This is our latest lefturd inclusion training indoctrination. FJB

8 U.S. Code § 1324a - Unlawful employment of aliens​

(a) Making employment of unauthorized aliens unlawful
(1) In generalIt is unlawful for a person or other entity
(A)
to hire, or to recruit or refer for a fee, for employment in the United States an alien knowing the alien is an unauthorized alien (as defined in subsection (h)(3)) with respect to such employment, or
(B)
(i)
to hire for employment in the United States an individual without complying with the requirements of subsection (b) or (ii) if the person or entity is an agricultural association, agricultural employer, or farm labor contractor (as defined in section 1802 of title 29), to hire, or to recruit or refer for a fee, for employment in the United States an individual without complying with the requirements of subsection (b).

(2) Continuing employment
It is unlawful for a person or other entity, after hiring an alien for employment in accordance with paragraph (1), to continue to employ the alien in the United States knowing the alien is (or has become) an unauthorized alien with respect to such employment.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know the makeup of the court every time they've ruled on the supremacy clause. But the court in general has pretty consistently held the federal government is responsible for immigration.

And, it hasn't just been democrats that got us into this mess. Ronald Reagan signed legislation that made over 3 million illegals eligible for amnesty. And republicans in general haven't done a damn thing about the situation since Reagan. With friends like that, who needs enemies?
People forget Regan had a stipulation that the border be closed after those illegals became legal. It was the democrat party that didn’t follow up like it should have. There was supposed to have been a wall of some sort built back then.

I was a youth when Regan was president. I remember he was a deal maker. He said something like it’s better to get 80% of something than nothing. I am definitely not a fan of the 1986 weapons ban. If I recall rite it was right after a guy went into a school and shot it up with a full auto AK. California I believe. I figure that was a knee jerk reaction because kids were killed.

Regan wasn’t perfect. But he did want the border secured

Latest posts

Top Bottom