Texas Doubling Down???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Reagan was a great president in many respects. But he was no friend to gun owners. He's part of the reason California gun laws are so f'd up. He was pushing gun control in CA a long time before he was president.
Reagan was a "progressive" in every sense of the word, regardless of how he is remembered today.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sure I'd label him as a progressive. At least not in the sense we use it today. He certainly wasn't a radical like the contemporary progressives.
Keep in mind that when he was in office (as gov and pres) - the entire country was far more conservative than it is today. He did all he could do. If he was around now I'd guess he'd be like Romney.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
People forget Regan had a stipulation that the border be closed after those illegals became legal. It was the democrat party that didn’t follow up like it should have. There was supposed to have been a wall of some sort built back then.

I was a youth when Regan was president. I remember he was a deal maker. He said something like it’s better to get 80% of something than nothing. I am definitely not a fan of the 1986 weapons ban. If I recall rite it was right after a guy went into a school and shot it up with a full auto AK. California I believe. I figure that was a knee jerk reaction because kids were killed.
Reagan was naive on this one. He failed to account for the authorization vs. appropriation scam that Congress frequently relies on to double deal against the American people. Predictably, Congress has punted every year for 37 straight years. Neither Democrat nor Republican controlled sessions and administrations have done their duty under the Constitution, closing in on four DECADES now. There's no reason to hope they'll do their constitutional duty anytime soon. It's no wonder people believe there's a NWO conspiracy. :(
Keep in mind that when he was in office (as gov and pres) - the entire country was far more conservative than it is today. He did all he could do. If he was around now I'd guess he'd be like Romney.
Sacrilege! You shut your dirty mouth! :censored:

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Reagan was naive on this one. He failed to account for the authorization vs. appropriation scam that Congress frequently relies on to double deal against the American people. Predictably, Congress has punted every year for 37 straight years. Neither Democrat nor Republican controlled sessions and administrations have done their duty under the Constitution, closing in on four DECADES now. There's no reason to hope they'll do their constitutional duty anytime soon. It's no wonder people believe there's a NWO conspiracy. :(

Sacrilege! You shut your dirty mouth! :censored:
Ronnie was CIC when I joined the Navy, and he was the first presidential candidate I ever voted for. He's still as I described.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From what I've observed in life is that some people "moderate" politically when they get older. Reagan may well have been in this group, but Mittens? That's just cold man! :laugh6:

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

8 U.S. Code § 1324a - Unlawful employment of aliens​

(a) Making employment of unauthorized aliens unlawful
(1) In generalIt is unlawful for a person or other entity
(A)
to hire, or to recruit or refer for a fee, for employment in the United States an alien knowing the alien is an unauthorized alien (as defined in subsection (h)(3)) with respect to such employment, or
(B)
(i)
to hire for employment in the United States an individual without complying with the requirements of subsection (b) or (ii) if the person or entity is an agricultural association, agricultural employer, or farm labor contractor (as defined in section 1802 of title 29), to hire, or to recruit or refer for a fee, for employment in the United States an individual without complying with the requirements of subsection (b).

(2) Continuing employment
It is unlawful for a person or other entity, after hiring an alien for employment in accordance with paragraph (1), to continue to employ the alien in the United States knowing the alien is (or has become) an unauthorized alien with respect to such employment.
Unfortunately they are no longer referred to as aliens, but displaced congregants so this law is null and void... Let's go Brandon!

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unfortunately they are no longer referred to as aliens, but displaced congregants so this law is null and void... Let's go Brandon!
Does not matter what the hell they try to call them illegal, undocumented, displaced. If the person is here illegally the law still applies. Already went through this with one of my father's employees a few weeks ago.

Latest posts

Top Bottom