Thanksgiving food sucks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Who chose the traditional menu? Do people REALLY like all that stuff?

I don't like turkey
I don't like stuffing
I don't like sweet potato/yams
I don't like cranberry stuff
I don't like pumpkin pie

For real, how did THAT become "tradition".

Gimme a steak and mashed potatoes...I'm good.
I love all of it. Part of my linage goes back to the survivors of the pilgrims in Plymouth Massachusetts

I love all of that food. Especially the cranberry sauce. That is a Massachusetts thing 100%. Definitely not for the average person, most wouldn’t touch them without sugar. I’ve eaten wild ones and your eyes will cross and your face pucker.

The Family stuffing that has been passed down through the generations is at the top of the list. Personally I look forward to it. Only get it and the leftovers once a year.

I’ve had sweat potatoes growing up but not for thanksgiving. Think that of them as a southern thing. Definitely wasn’t a main staple up north. Never had sweet potato pie until I joined the service. First time I had it I Loved it. Made pretty much like pumpkin pie. I’ll tear one up like a fat kid with a cake.

And the turkey is the star of the show. Mmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmm.

Can’t forget the corn on the cob with the mashed potatoes.

I already brought up potato and pumpkin pie, but then there is the Pecan pie. Oh my. That’s is wow. Mm mm mm mm mm mmmmmmmmmmmm.

Yup. I love all of it and what Thanks Giving represents

Last edited:

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who chose the traditional menu? Do people REALLY like all that stuff?

I don't like turkey
I don't like stuffing
I don't like sweet potato/yams
I don't like cranberry stuff
I don't like pumpkin pie

For real, how did THAT become "tradition".

Gimme a steak and mashed potatoes...I'm good.
Oddly, that's exactly what we're having this year with apple pie and leftover birthday cake and ice cream. So tasty people from KFC come over afterward to lick OUR fingers.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I too love Thanksgiving diner.

Protip: run everything from fresh, no canned anything. Cranberry sauce is 1 to 1 sugar with some orange juice and seated orange peel, cook.till boil. drop dead simple. You can put some apple in it too, helps not gel.

Pro tip 2: put a savory topping of ground pecans, salt, spices on your yams and mash them first.

But the best Thanksgiving I ever had was when my FIL took us to a buffet in Palm springs. Turkey, ham, prime rib, shrimp, salmon, sushi. I must have eaten at least 7 different animals that night.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can eat traditional Thanksgiving dinner once a year. Last year and this year we are having turkey breast and steaks with mashed potatoes. Wife doesn't cook much anymore and DIL is a great cook. I used to love pecan pie but is too sweet for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom