Thanksgiving food sucks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love it so much that I try to make it several times throughout the year. I don't roast a turkey, but I do buy the turkey meat, gravy, cranberries, stuffing, sweet potatoes, green bean surprise casserole, copper pennies, and all the home- made relishes, not to mention all the pies.

I really got a kick from that old Pizza Hut commercial 12 days of Christmas with "Flaming turkey wings" being one of the creative leftovers.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What I do like:

1) Pumpkin Pie
2) My wife's Mac and Cheese Casserole

Everything else is okay. Last year we did T Bones, awesome decision. Also instead of Pumpkin Pie (which I like) we did A Pumpkin spice cake.

Previous years w/o kids or family we have done Pizza and even once Jersey Mike's! I was floored how many ordered subs that day!

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Best Thanksgiving I had was with friends in Texas. They couldn't agree on what to make, so basically each of them made a full spread of what they wanted. They had to have made 60# of meat and 20 different sides that year...for a family of 4 plus me.
Husband liked smoked turkey, so he made smoked turkey and all the sides HE liked.
Wife liked salty ham, so she made a full salty ham with all the sides SHE likes.
Daughter #1 liked traditional turkey, so she made a traditional turkey with all the sides SHE liked.
Daughter #2 liked sweet ham, so she made a sweet ham with all the sides SHE liked.

It was absolute madness.

I think you are the only one so far to mention ham. Congratulations.

There will be six of us at this year's Thanksgiving dinner, which will include both turkey and ham. I'm always good with either, and this year I can have both!!!!

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Isn't it really cool that we have the opportunity to eat what we want. If you don't like the traditional feast, stop by Sonic and pick up a couple of corn dogs. I'm sure everyone will understand and applaud your individualism.
Is Sonic open on Thanksgiving?

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tamales can go in the trash too.

I promise I'm NOT a picky eater but yall have some terrible taste in food LOL
Tamales are based AF.

Pork confit wrapped in a lard dough. The tamale dates back centuries and was even used as a military ration as it's fat content resist spoilage. prior to the hot dog, the handle held the place as aAmerica's on the go meal for theaters and baseball games and such. A proper tamales is a true test of cooking skill and a 2 day process, rendering fat, dehydrating and milling chilies etc

I make them every Christmas so the kids have something to unwrap.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a fan for one day, then I'm out. I can usually suffer through the leftovers until after the weekend. Come the Monday after, yeah, I'm gonna need some beef. A steak, a cheeseburger, some meat loaf, ANYTHING as long as it's made of beef.

If we didn't do Thanksgiving with Mrs. GED's fam, I'd just as soon do BBQ, pizza, Chinese, Mexican whatever. But her peeps enjoy the traditional food.

Luckily, my brothers and their families disowned me a long time ago, and both my parents are deceased, so I haven't had holidays (or even a conversation) with them in 18+ years.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How could anyone complain about the deserts?

IMG_0087.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom