The Polymersmith's Guild - AKA The 3D Printed Weapons Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgssamn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any of you successfully use a 3d scanner to copy parts? so many mixed reviews out there.
I have no issue creating a part that is broke or I want fast and accurately on my program, but sometimes with lots angles/ holes etc a recreation of part would easier to scan if it works well. I am talking about functional parts, not artwork.
I have looked into a little, just looking for some real first hand experience if there is any out there?
and, not wanting to spend $5k on it, $1k or less if it is what I need/want.

conditionzero

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any of you successfully use a 3d scanner to copy parts? so many mixed reviews out there.
I have no issue creating a part that is broke or I want fast and accurately on my program, but sometimes with lots angles/ holes etc a recreation of part would easier to scan if it works well. I am talking about functional parts, not artwork.
I have looked into a little, just looking for some real first hand experience if there is any out there?
and, not wanting to spend $5k on it, $1k or less if it is what I need/want.
I am interested in this as well if any one has experience. I do like the process of taking a physical part and recreating it though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom