The Polymersmith's Guild - AKA The 3D Printed Weapons Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's almost time....
20231222_132419.jpg

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's the test filament that comes with it, and I got a spool of PLA and PLA+ to play with. Will try to do their little test model this weekend.
Ever messed with them before? I've been thinking of dipping a toe in now that the prices have come down to working man's prices. Let us know how goes it and any 'gotchas' you encounter. Oh, and congrats!

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never done them myself, always had "people" who would do it for me at work. Been watching tons of YouTube videos. Unfortunately for me, this specific version is pretty spanking new and not a ton of videos out there specific to it, and idk enough to know what will carry over from similar ones or not. Most of the specific videos I've seen are not dumbed down for a complete rookie...but I'm watching them anyways.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never done them myself, always had "people" who would do it for me at work. Been watching tons of YouTube videos. Unfortunately for me, this specific version is pretty spanking new and not a ton of videos out there specific to it, and idk enough to know what will carry over from similar ones or not. Most of the specific videos I've seen are not dumbed down for a complete rookie...but I'm watching them anyways.
The version 2 of that printer should be similar enough to muddle through things. It's still being sold, I recommended it to a friend the other day for her son (version 2 is going cheap). If you run into anything specific that you can't work out, let me know. I'm on my fourth printer at this point (a Bambu X1C).

Edit: Oh and superstition is that your first real print must be a Benchy.

#3DBenchy - The jolly 3D printing torture-test by CreativeTools.se by CreativeTools

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys will laugh. I run CAD for a living but generally hate electronics. I'm a mechanical guy, do mechanical design, like building mechanical stuff. Why I get myself into this stuff is beyond me, but I'm gonna try to learn.

First step is trying to find an extension cable for the touch screen so I can build an enclosure but have the screen external.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You guys will laugh. I run CAD for a living but generally hate electronics. I'm a mechanical guy, do mechanical design, like building mechanical stuff. Why I get myself into this stuff is beyond me, but I'm gonna try to learn.

First step is trying to find an extension cable for the touch screen so I can build an enclosure but have the screen external.
Cheap one.

Amazon.com

Not so cheap.

Creality Ender 3 V3 SE/KE Enclosure Kit

Latest posts

Top Bottom