The Polymersmith's Guild - AKA The 3D Printed Weapons Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkieBoogaloo

The Trees are Whisperin
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When the first 3d guns started showing up and the threat was large they would be banned from the interwebs, I downloaded all i could find before they vanished.

I've never really looked into it all until just recently and I'm astonished at how far we've come in just a few years. From those first liberator 22s to legit firearms worthy of use.

I don't CURRENTLY have room for a printer... BUT that's on my list for the year. New shop and workspace. I've been downloading files for a week now, building up a huge library of the things. Can't wait to join you guys in the 3d2a world.

For me, i have plenty of guns. well had.. boating accident and all. But this opens a new world of learning and ability to acquire some guns that i wouldn't normally bother with.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When the first 3d guns started showing up and the threat was large they would be banned from the interwebs, I downloaded all i could find before they vanished.

I've never really looked into it all until just recently and I'm astonished at how far we've come in just a few years. From those first liberator 22s to legit firearms worthy of use.

I don't CURRENTLY have room for a printer... BUT that's on my list for the year. New shop and workspace. I've been downloading files for a week now, building up a huge library of the things. Can't wait to join you guys in the 3d2a world.

For me, i have plenty of guns. well had.. boating accident and all. But this opens a new world of learning and ability to acquire some guns that i wouldn't normally bother with.
Look long and hard at the Bambu series of printers. They start at $399 and go on up so there is one for every budget and they are the closest you will find to plug and play.

SiGArmed

Deplorable
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've printed a few lowers but still not too happy with the results. Round holes are not round lol. I don't play with it like I should though.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've printed a few lowers but still not too happy with the results. Round holes are not round lol. I don't play with it like I should though.
Still haven't printed any firearms, not sure I trust the strength enough for repeated use. I know it's just my cautious nature, there are many successful ones out there.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Still haven't printed any firearms, not sure I trust the strength enough for repeated use. I know it's just my cautious nature, there are many successful ones out there.

I've printed several, but haven't test fired all of them yet. The ones I've test have been fine.

The Glock frames and FNH frames I've printed did fine after some fine tuning.

I have a printed lower on a dedicated 22LR AR-style pistol that I haven't broke in yet, but I expect it to do fine too.

I need to take the time to try more of them out.

mgssamn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t print firearms, but I can print hole and a pin a make it slide tight press fit whatever I want. My thoughts of not being able to make round holes is your printer or set up etc. just fyi.
I have prusa’s now but did the same with my cheaper machines
That said I can’t offer info how to fix cause I am not sure what the specific issue is or it is just machine tolerance etc

Last edited:

avtomatkalashnikov47

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've purchased 2 complete ruger 10/22s parts kits for under 100$ on MP in the past year. I've bought and built 2 whole entire 300$ rifles for LESS THAN 100$. If that isn't practical or useful idk what is. Naysayers and haters on 3-d printing. I've been doing it for 5 years now and got at least 5-6 3dp firearms.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've purchased 2 complete ruger 10/22s parts kits for under 100$ on MP in the past year. I've bought and built 2 whole entire 300$ rifles for LESS THAN 100$. If that isn't practical or useful idk what is. Naysayers and haters on 3-d printing. I've been doing it for 5 years now and got at least 5-6 3dp firearms.
What is MP? I need one or two 10/22 Parts kits. Thank you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom