The "they can, but you can't option?"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sen. Steve Russell said, "The need for personal protection is paramount."

Now why does that apply to them and not us? Yes, it's a retorical (sp) question.

jdagreek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unless it has been amended, doesn't it just apply to any United States Attorney or Assistant United States Attorney?

Personally, I thought they could they could legally carry already. I see no problem with those who are prosecuting felons being extended to carry in Oklahoma. Unless, I am missing something here this seems like a good thing to me. The more responsible people carrying seems to be extending gun rights. Some of these people are prosecuting some of the most dangerous offenders possible.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It has been proposed that any member of the legislature be allowed to legally carry a fiream anywhere in Oklahoma.

IreneKennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unless it has been amended, doesn't it just apply to any United States Attorney or Assistant United States Attorney?

Personally, I thought they could they could legally carry already. I see no problem with those who are prosecuting felons being extended to carry in Oklahoma. Unless, I am missing something here this seems like a good thing to me. The more responsible people carrying seems to be extending gun rights. Some of these people are prosecuting some of the most dangerous offenders possible.

Bill 1255 was passed by the OK House 3/17/22011 and by the Senate 4/12/2011 and now on the governors desk for signature, allows US Attorney (FEDS) and Assistant US attorneys (still FEDS) to open carry beginning Nov 1st of this year with minimium CLEET training.

Although a close relative has never been attacked, he has been threatened over the years and I'm thrilled he can now open carry to protect himself and his family

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have worked at law offices where disgruntled clients and more than a few folks from the "other side" have threatened the principals in a case. In one particular case we had uniformed Oklahoma City officers in the lobby of the firm for nearly 3 months. Oddly enough this firm had a very strong anti-gun statement in their employee handbook. If you were caught carrying a firearm at work, even if you were licensed, you would be terminated immediately.

I would hope that any law extending the ability to protect your person would extend to the entire law-abiding populace and not just a few whose chosen profession put them in harm's way.

IreneKennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have worked at law offices where disgruntled clients and more than a few folks from the "other side" have threatened the principals in a case. In one particular case we had uniformed Oklahoma City officers in the lobby of the firm for nearly 3 months. Oddly enough this firm had a very strong anti-gun statement in their employee handbook. If you were caught carrying a firearm at work, even if you were licensed, you would be terminated immediately.

I would hope that any law extending the ability to protect your person would extend to the entire law-abiding populace and not just a few whose chosen profession put them in harm's way.

Your point is well taken. However I'm prejudiced when it comes to mine. Since yours and mine deals with the worst of the worst, I want both to have every means available to remain safe.

Latest posts

Top Bottom