This Snake Was Well in Excess of 6 ft..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coffeecup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While walking along the side of the road, I came within 3 ft of this good looking snake. He and I watched each other for about 30 seconds before he started crossing the street.

I stopped the car traffic and alerted the parents and children who were walking our way. Dummy me didn't think to photo this snake until he was almost gone. I did snap a few pics. Maybe someone will identify him.

Attachments

• SNAKE !(1).jpg
    SNAKE !(1).jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 561

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I get about 6 a year out of my chicken coops. They range in size from 2 feet up to 7 & 8 feet.

...and yes, they scare the crap out of you when you arent expecting to see something like that. Dark confined spaces arent ideal for me anyway, throw in a 7 foot snake wound up in the rafters at eye level... they make you hurt yourself!

Gomer pyle

New to the site!
Reaction score
I get about 6 a year out of my chicken coops. They range in size from 2 feet up to 7 & 8 feet.

...and yes, they scare the crap out of you when you arent expecting to see something like that. Dark confined spaces arent ideal for me anyway, throw in a 7 foot snake wound up in the rafters at eye level... they make you hurt yourself!

Lol that's funny right there! Not really but gave me a giggle.

45acp... turning human garbage into useful fertilizer since 1911

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like a black snake as well. They can climb a tree as fast as a squirrel. I have a 6' that lives in my shop. No rodent problems, but I have to fight my wife on occasion as she wants to kill it when its in the yard.

This snake is in slo mo, but I can assure you, if they are scared, they can be quick!

http://youtu.be/9XOtMdwGQT4

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got one like that that hangs out in my wood pile. He may give me a heart attack some day.

Yeah I had one like that until the night we were sitting out back having drinks and the SOB came up my leg in the dark, scared me so bad I don't even feel bad for stomping him to death.

hairtrigger44

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Do they eat the chickens or just the eggs?

Latest posts

Top Bottom