Those hiding glocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dakota10986

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry my G30 in an MTAC holster, ALWAYS with one in the chamber. As many have said, you have to actually pull the trigger in order to fire a round. The three safeties are very effective and I trust them 100%. The MTAC holster also does a good job at covering the trigger and locking the gun in place...while still being really easy to draw and reholster. So I have no worries carrying a gun all the time that is always ready to fire.

amorak

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gunsite will not allow glocks (or similiar) in an IWB. A fellow shot himself in the leg some time ago taking it out, while in a class, apparently got caught in his shirt and the trigger got pulled.
Something to think about.

Bill

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gunsite will not allow glocks (or similiar) in an IWB. A fellow shot himself in the leg some time ago taking it out, while in a class, apparently got caught in his shirt and the trigger got pulled.

Bill

Gunsite is not what comes to mind when I think of professional firearms training. They live on the shadow of a ghost of a memory.

If the trigger got pulled while pulling it out, it's because the goober pulled it. And what does an IWB have to do with anything? I've seen plenty of people on the range "holster" their shirt with their gun and most of those are OWB holsters.

There have been instances where on duty LEO's have had AD's while reholstering wearing uniform jackets with loose stuff on the side (snaps, zipper tabs, etc.). I am not aware of any instances where this has or could happen while drawing the firearm.

Keelty

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Bill

That just does not compute. How could drawing the gun cause a gun to fire without the persons booger hook on the bang switch?:anyone:

Jholmes

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I carry my G36 in a IWB High noon holster. Not worried about an AD. Glocks are safe! Keep your primary safety engaged (that would be keeping your finger off the trigger)and there is nothing to worry about. I have been carrying my G17 and G36 for over three years with one in the chamber, neither have gone bang while in the holster.
:thumbup3:

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Bill

Got a reference for that? I've searched their site and didn't see anything...

prdator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Bill

Well I did not see anything about this on the web site????

I’m not saying it did not happen.

I will say that kind of policy would drastically limit the gun's that a person could use!!!!!!

And it is my opinion that the "slick slide" guns ( Glock's M&P'S XD's ect) are the easiest to learn use, and the safest to carry. There is no "lever" that needs to be pressed up or down or back up or :blahblah:
You bring the gun out of the holster and do what you will with it and then put it back in the holster... Its just the same as it was before no lever to forget to but back in place.

The safety part is keeping you finger in " register" ( high on the slide of the gun well out of the trigger guard!!)

Ill keep my Glock's

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Bill

Dunno where you heard that but it's not true, unless they've changed their policies within the last year or so. I had a friend that took the class with his G17 and he borrowed a VM2 off of me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom