thoughts on passing down guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
my 5yo grandson will get the special ones and the rest sold i guess.he is into anything pa pa likes, maybe that will change but i hope not. his daddy just earned a marlin 22 and thats it with those comments

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure what will happen with mine, I know I got 3 from my grandpa, and they are worth they're wieght in gold to me, only guns I have never considered selling. same goes if my dad decides to give his to me, and I only hope I have someone who will apreciate them as much as I do when I go.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
It irritates me when people don't value such stuff, because my dad, and grandfathers, weren't into guns at all. But then at the same time, I'm not one to keep a lot of stuff that I won't use.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have 4 kids. Three boys and a girl. One of the boys is an active shooter has some sense of sentimentality and I think if left any, he would keep them unless he was in very serious need of money. My daughter and her husband are next in line interest wise. He hunts and she shoots occasionally, but she too has some sentiment. My other two boys I have to drag kicking and screaming to the range. All my kids are actually good shots and have outshot me a couple of times, but their interest levels vary.

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You don't have to pass them on to family. A close friend or someone that understands the non-monetary value of it to you might be a direction to consider.

hard_r

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Poppa was the one who taught me how to shoot, hunt, fish, respect nature and landowners, be safe, have good manners, be a man, treat women like queens, always put the seat down, not meddle in other people's business unless they ask, be honest, ect. ect. I could go on and on. I'm pretty sure when he goes, I'll be getting all the guns. I will never sell any of them. I will never get rid of anything he gives me. I still have a 5 shot rossi .38 special he gave me when I was 11. It's missing the hammer, dings in the cylinder, doesn't shoot for crap. But it's the only one I have that in an emergency situation, I would never ever sell. Even though I don't shoot it or need it. It's a reminder of the things he taught me and the love he has for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom