Thoughts on US banning Russian arms?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
Quote Originally Posted by BobBarker View Post
Why aren't there AK variant rifles made in the US from US parts?

I think it will be starting soon. Maybe not by Rifle Dynamics but someone will be making components. We already have goog recievers from nodak and cnc. Barrels and furniture are available. we just need barrel parts, bolt and carrier.

There have been US made AK's for years now:

http://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/century-arms-centurion-39-review

5.45sooner

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it will be starting soon. Maybe not by Rifle Dynamics but someone will be making components. We already have goog recievers from nodak and cnc. Barrels and furniture are available. we just need barrel parts, bolt and carrier.

Century Arms already makes a 100% US made AK. But yeah I'm wanting US made trunnions, if those were US made they would count as US parts for 922r compliance.

Dangdar

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
From the SGAmmo newsletter...
For AK shooters, given the escalation of violence in the Russia/Ukraine conflict, if you are in need of ammo I recommend stocking up on steel case 7.62x39 and 5.45x39 calibers while prices are down. The Ukrainian Factory UCW is now under sanctions and it was recently captured and now controlled by rebels as their civil war rages. We will no longer be able to get ammo from that source. This leaves only Russia as a source for low cost ammo used by recreational shooters of these calibers and it is possible supply could be effected if the war continues and foreign relations with Russia worsen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

homebrewer

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
From the SGAmmo newsletter...
For AK shooters, given the escalation of violence in the Russia/Ukraine conflict, if you are in need of ammo I recommend stocking up on steel case 7.62x39 and 5.45x39 calibers while prices are down. The Ukrainian Factory UCW is now under sanctions and it was recently captured and now controlled by rebels as their civil war rages. We will no longer be able to get ammo from that source. This leaves only Russia as a source for low cost ammo used by recreational shooters of these calibers and it is possible supply could be effected if the war continues and foreign relations with Russia worsen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Also they have completely ran out of Golden tiger 7.62x39 which is made in Russia.

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
to hell with Russia.

So you've bought into the lies the Liar in Chief and his Liberal World Order minions spout? The fact is that Russia is not the former Soviet Union. Putin is a Orthodox Christian and as such is intent on restoring his nation to it's former Christian heritage before the Bolsheviks destroyed it. Putin and Russia are natural allies of America, especially those Americans who proclaim to be Christian. American Christians hating Russian Christians based on Obama's lies. Sad...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So you've bought into the lies the Liar in Chief and his Liberal World Order minions spout? The fact is that Russia is not the former Soviet Union. Putin is a Orthodox Christian and as such is intent on restoring his nation to it's former Christian heritage before the Bolsheviks destroyed it. Putin and Russia are natural allies of America, especially those Americans who proclaim to be Christian. American Christians hating Russian Christians based on Obama's lies. Sad...

Putin knows obummer is his *****.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Damn....

Latest posts

Top Bottom