Tipping is out of control.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I look at tipping as a way to give to the people who are in lower/mid tier incomes that are actually working. Kind of like an offering/tithe donation.

These employees could easily be sitting at home with Uncle Joe taking care of them but they chose to work. In reality an extra dollar or so will not implant my life at all. Yet it will help theirs but they do have to earn it by at the minimum treating me as though I was a customer. Just my $00.02
Yes, it's interesting how so many cry about having to 'tip' a few extra bucks to someone that is working rather than sitting at home playing video games and collecting .gov benefits - those 'few extra bucks' being nothing more than just pocket-change to someone that thinks nothing of spending $100+ on a single meal for two ☹️

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You want a tip from me?? I walk in the door with an extra $40 (which is usually a 40-50% tip from us) and you can have it -- IF I get good service. And I'm not unreasonable about the "good" service. If you are slammed I'll cut you some slack. If you are a lazy **** and I have to ask for more tea ... And you spend all your time flirting with the old guys at the table behind me ... Well ... You get what you earn.

I used to wait tables, bar back and tend bar so don't whine to me how bad you have it. I've been stiffed. I've also gotten huge tips I probably didn't really earn because I was SO busy taking care of my section and half of Maybelle's cuz she was in the john puking ... Or snorting up ... That people were asking me to help them.

So ... If you think it bothers me to let you "earn" that $2.15/hour or whatever it is now, let me assure you it does not. I don't pay people to ignore me.

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The shops I've been to where you order through a self serv Kiosk and not talk to ANYONE, after paying and going through the tip selection, it will ask how you want the receipt-by text, by email or by print. Not sure why you say it's a hoax. I've experienced it MANY times.

I've never seen tipping on a self serve register myself, but admittedly the only self serve machines I think I've ever used have been at Wal-Mart, Lowes and Home Depot. The only example of tipping on a self serve machine was a screen shot in a news story and that screen shot was from Square, which is not a self-serve register system. Until I see it myself or see a video from a trusted and reliable source I file it under "fake news."

Where can I go right now and go through a self serve register that will prompt me for a tip?

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never seen tipping on a self serve register myself, but admittedly the only self serve machines I think I've ever used have been at Wal-Mart, Lowes and Home Depot. The only example of tipping on a self serve machine was a screen shot in a news story and that screen shot was from Square, which is not a self-serve register system. Until I see it myself or see a video from a trusted and reliable source I file it under "fake news."

Where can I go right now and go through a self serve register that will prompt me for a tip?
There's a boba tea shop called Tiger Sugar that does it.

Ichiban Sushi over by Wal mart on sw 5th has the same thing when I order and pick up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom