Tired

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate08chevy

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve recently worked with a guy who is 70+. Worked construction his whole life. Bad back, knees, elbows etc lost his wife a couple years ago to cancer. He talks about death and knows his days are limited but kicks life in the ass one day at a time. You can do it too! Wake up every morning and kick its ass! Keep moving forward… One. Day. At. A. Time.

mikeyinokc

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My dad was in his 80's and out delivering "Meals on Wheels" to people much younger than he was. He always got a buzz when in conversation the age thing would come up with them...I'm 78 now and just seems things have been slowing down for me the past couple of years...Our brains need exercise as much as our bodies do...

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve recently worked with a guy who is 70+. Worked construction his whole life. Bad back, knees, elbows,
this is my situation body is worn out ,but still have to work for a living. probably have the physically easiest job I have ever had mentally it is draining.but it's the only job in my trade I can still do.

Last edited:

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Keep your head up brother and don't let a number decide what you can or can't do. I'm turning 67 in a few days and in spite of a lot of bumps, bruises and broken **** along the way, I still get out and enjoy life. I may have to approach some things a little differently than I did when I was younger but, at least for the most part, it doesn't stop me from getting out and having fun doing the things I love.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
this is my situation body is worn out ,but still have to work for a living. probably have the physically easiest job I have ever had mentally it is draining.but it's the only job in my trade I can still do. 2 months ago actually came to blows with a 27 yo inmate ,he didn't whip me but I was running out of gas when they broke it up. started me thinking about where I am and what I'm doing

I've always had mentally demanding jobs. I've always said if I'd really been smart I would have just bucked hay my whole life. I won't say it gets better but you will get better at managing it. Believe it or not a little physical activity will do your mind wonders. Most important thing -- and it will take some time -- but teach yourself that when you walk out the door at work you don't think about it until you walk back in the next morning. Yeah ... I know ... It's a LOT harder than it sounds but practice makes perfect. Don't let the bastards wear ya down. 😘

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've always had mentally demanding jobs. I've always said if I'd really been smart I would have just bucked hay my whole life. I won't say it gets better but you will get better at managing it. Believe it or not a little physical activity will do your mind wonders. Most important thing -- and it will take some time -- but teach yourself that when you walk out the door at work you don't think about it until you walk back in the next morning. Yeah ... I know ... It's a LOT harder than it sounds but practice makes perfect. Don't let the bastards wear ya down. 😘

Yeah, I'm 'semi-retired' and it's the best thing I've done! I now work part time at a Big Box and I can now "turn off the noise" when I walk out the door. Keeps me a little busy and brings in enough to pay the house payment. Perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom