To switch Parties or not to switch Parties

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Instead of a "pissing" contest like Repubs and Dems do shouldn't the point of both our post be the fact that many Americans want another choice of some type?
And regardless of the party shouldn't the primary issue be restoring the rule of law, ( The Constitution ).

I was just pissing statistics. It was a friendly pissing contest. You know, who can make their stream go the farthest against the wind.

I looked at the CP when I was deciding which party I fit in with. There are a few planks I disagree with in the Constitution Party's Platform to the point where I felt like I would be sacrificing too many of my own principles and moral values to "fit in", as well as a few inconsistencies within the platform itself (specifically, "We assert that any form of taxation on churches and other religious organizations is a direct and dangerous step toward state control of the church. Such intrusion is prohibited by the Constitution and must be halted.", and others). I'm a practical Libertarian, meaning that most of my ideology lines up with their platform, but I recognize that certain ideals aren't truly achievable in the real world and that a practical compromise may have to be made in certain areas.

I disagree with the majority of the Green Party's platform, but I still recognize them as better than Republicans or Democrats. That's why I believe all minor parties should work together for ballot access reform. We can duke it out amongst ourselves later over the little things if we really want to. You and I can't get on the ballot as Libertarians or Constitutionalists in Oklahoma as it is now.

By the way, between 50% and 60% (depending on when you poll) of Americans want a third party.

Latest posts

Top Bottom