Tornado Weather

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
‘If’ you have Facebook here’s an account with drone flyby of downtown Sulphur. WXChasing

It looks like 90% of downtown is wiped out.

IMG_3892.jpeg

ETA: The same page just loaded a drone video of Marietta’s tornado damage. It’s significant also.

Last edited:

OKC03Cobra

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We had an EF2 go just east of our place here in Holdenville. It was the same one that hit Sulphur. But all is well at my house. They say in town (Holdenville) it's a mess...poles/lines down, lots of damage. But I live about 3 miles west of town. I still don't have power. It went off around 10ish when the twister came thru.
Generator?

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a generator big enough to run all the important stuff I have had for years. But I also bought one of the small Harbor Freight genies for running a few lights on a cable for short periods of time. Used the big one several times and my son used it for a week a couple years ago. HF is still new and unused.

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure of procedures where you live, but in some communities, one can "register" one's storm shelter with the fire department or other city agency, and they will go by and make sure occupants of the home are okay.
Ours is registered with the city of Yukon by GPS coordinates so they know where to dig.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We’ve got over 6” of rain since last night.

It was almost 3” this morning when I emptied the gauge and about 3.5” currently with some more storms in line heading this way.

Latest posts

Top Bottom