tractor supply in Prattville on HW 97 denied my dad's Veterans 100% tax exempt!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4wheelphil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So my dad and I went to tractor supply today to purchase some items for the horse and my father (who is a 100% disabled military veteran and served in Vietnam with US Marines) went to pay for the items and proceeded to tell them that he has military tax exempt, the cashier very rudely told him that they don't except military tax exempt. I asked another employee in the store about what the clerk said and he told me the same thing "we don't take military tax exempt". I asked to talk to the manager but was told by both employees that one would not be available till tomorrow or something...
Needless to say my dad is going to report them and I will never use that tractor supply again. If you can't take care of our veterans then you will not get my money again.

Garrett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That`s a real shame! I think i`ll ask them why they no longer honor military tax exemption status in their FB page. I`ve tuned them up a time or two in the past over piss poor service.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Vendors who have actual knowledge that a consumer is entitled to the sales tax exemption provided to a 100% disabled veteran and who willfully or intentionally refuse to honor the exemption may be fined $500.00 per offense.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Vendors who have actual knowledge that a consumer is entitled to the sales tax exemption provided to a 100% disabled veteran and who willfully or intentionally refuse to honor the exemption may be fined $500.00 per offense.

For some reason I really like that law!!!!!! :woohoo1:

fubarjohnnyr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I found this info here: http://oklaw.org/resource/100-disabled-veterans-sales-tax-exemption-1?ref=KNGtx

Can a vendor refuse to accept the card and charge me sales tax?
No, A law effective in August 2006 requires vendors to accect this Veterans Exemption Card.
If a vendor refuses, you can get a refund of the tax.

Download form 13-9 "Application for Credit or Refund of State and Local Sales or Use Tax."
Complete the form, attach copies of your receipts and mail to:
Oklahoma Tax Commission
Account Maintenance Division
P. O. Box 269060
Oklahoma City, OK 73126-9060

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't work in retail, but I have never heard of it.
Many of the employees in direct contact with customers I encounter these days, give me an impression they are truly ignorant of common products they have in the store.

I hope that is the case in this issue as well.

4wheelphil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've downloaded and printed the 13-9 form and am going up there tomorrow with my father and the info. I really appreciate everyones input and research on the subject. I do believe it is ignorance on their part in the decision not to accept it. Guess I'll see what the manager has to say about it tomorrow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom