tractor supply in Prattville on HW 97 denied my dad's Veterans 100% tax exempt!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I worked overnights at Walmart, new tax exempt accounts were covered on the first day as a cashier. Time consuming? Yes. Hard? Not at all.
I'm a part time cashier at a Walmart and doing a tax exempt transaction is no harder than doing a normal one. You give me your tax exempt card (the one Walmart gave you when you registered your tax exemption with them), I enter the number and verify the name and then the transaction proceeds as normal. The only other difference is that you, the customer, have to sign the receipt at the end of the purchase. Now, WIC... that is time consuming...

Permanent37

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The first and last time I shopped at Tractor Supply was the day I went in to buy a gun safe as a present for my little brother. I kindly asked if they offered any kind of military discount and the cashier proudly told me they don't with a smile on his face. I paid 40 dollars more for the same safe down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a 100% disabled vet. Have been for several years and have only had one place(a gas station) that refused to take my tax exempt card. I tried explaining to them it wasn't an option but the employee could have cared less. Never went back there but did turn them in. Not sure what happened with it.
There are lots of places that give discounts to veterans. I saw a list recently and was surprised how many companies give the discount.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Vendors who have actual knowledge that a consumer is entitled to the sales tax exemption provided to a 100% disabled veteran and who willfully or intentionally refuse to honor the exemption may be fined $500.00 per offense.

This, and file a complaint with the Oklahoma Tax commission. They will follow up on it.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a part time cashier at a Walmart and doing a tax exempt transaction is no harder than doing a normal one. You give me your tax exempt card (the one Walmart gave you when you registered your tax exemption with them), I enter the number and verify the name and then the transaction proceeds as normal. The only other difference is that you, the customer, have to sign the receipt at the end of the purchase. Now, WIC... that is time consuming...

I have the walmart issued card and use it just because I can't fight the giant and win, abut that still violates the Oklahoma law pertaining to use of the state issued card.

The German

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am a disabled vet, but I am disabled at 0%, percentage just has to do with compensation. When I go to Lowes or Home Depot I ask for the discount and show them my DL since it says vet on it, I have only had one guy at Home depot say it is for disabled only, I did not care enough to say anything. I guess I could walk in with the letter from the VA that says I am disabled if I had a big purchase.

Best deal ever is the hunting license for disabled vets!

Latest posts

Top Bottom