tractor supply in Prattville on HW 97 denied my dad's Veterans 100% tax exempt!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garrett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I asked and they actually responded.....

"Elbert Garrett‎
I was wondering why y`all no longer honor military tax exemption for the Men and Women who have served this Country?

Tractor Supply Co.
Elbert Good Morning! Thank you for your message. We strive to provide the best value to all of our customers every day, therefore we do not offer additional year-round discounts to groups, organizations, and individuals. Yet, while we do not offer a military discount, we do support the VFW and the Hugs Project efforts for veterans and active service members. We pass along the feedback we receive and will ensure that your message is represented. We do also offer agricultural tax exemption for qualifying customers. Should you have any further questions please contact us at [email protected]"

colb

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I asked and they actually responded.....

"Elbert Garrett‎
I was wondering why y`all no longer honor military tax exemption for the Men and Women who have served this Country?

Tractor Supply Co.
Elbert Good Morning! Thank you for your message. We strive to provide the best value to all of our customers every day, therefore we do not offer additional year-round discounts to groups, organizations, and individuals. Yet, while we do not offer a military discount, we do support the VFW and the Hugs Project efforts for veterans and active service members. We pass along the feedback we receive and will ensure that your message is represented. We do also offer agricultural tax exemption for qualifying customers. Should you have any further questions please contact us at [email protected]"
Kindly inform them that when a tax exemption card is presented, they must honor it or expect a fine of a greater amount from the Great State of Oklahoma.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Damn, so it's not just vets in general? Well crap... I was gonna have Dennis go to Lowe's with me when I decide to remodel my house and have him buy all my stuff. He could keep the points and save me 10%! lol

Done deal if you want to do it.
I was at Lowes the other day. There was a sign on the door that said all vets got a 10%. I think it ended on the 15th. The other discount for disabled and active duty will remain.

Edit: just pulled up to Lowes. The special discount ^^^ended yesterday.
The 10%for disabled and active duty/retired remains in effect.

Last edited:

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lowe's now offers a 10% military discount to all active duty military members, members of the Guard and Reserve, retired military members and their immediate family members. The 10% Lowe's discount also applies to disabled veterans and their families.

I think Home Depot does as well. You have to present proper military ID, or ID from the VA.

autozone, advance, and o'reillys give veteran discounts too.

4wheelphil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went back to the tractor supply today with paperwork in hand and asked to speak to the manager, the clerk then asked why I needed the manager and so I told him it was about a veterans tax exempt card and his response was "oh that, we do except them but it's a difficult process for the cashiers to go through so they usually won't do it, but I know how, Please don't tell my manager that I said that though"... so I waited for the manager and approached him with the 13-9 file and some more papers explaining the state tax laws and fines, he acted surprised that his employees would have told me that they don't except military tax exempt. The manager ended up refunding my dad's taxes from yesterdays purchase.
I honestly believe from what the young clerk told me today that the manager knew exactly what was going on but did nothing about it as it was happening. I ended up telling him to please make his employees aware of the situation and try to educate them on it. Hope it at least helps out some others who shops there cause even though they made it right in the end I still won't shop there again.
Atwoods for me from now on, never had a problem there.

4wheelphil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To all of the Veterans and active military out there, I say thank you for your services. You deserve more than a tax break or 10% discount if you ask me but unfortunately I don't make the rules lol. Ya'll rock and I'll stand up for any service member any chance I get. You've had/have our backs so if you ask me we should all have yours and make sure our Vets are taken care of!
Thank You for your service guys and gals

Okiedog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To all of the Veterans and active military out there, I say thank you for your services. You deserve more than a tax break or 10% discount if you ask me but unfortunately I don't make the rules lol. Ya'll rock and I'll stand up for any service member any chance I get. You've had/have our backs so if you ask me we should all have yours and make sure our Vets are taken care of!
Thank You for your service guys and gals

Agree 1000%

securitysix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry to hear you had problems.

I have a friend who lives in Sand Springs who has the same tax exemption (thanks to 2 tours in Iraq after 9/11). He really only uses it on purchases over $100 unless the cashier is being unnecessarily difficult about something else. Then he figures if they're being difficult, he will, too. He doesn't do much with Tractor Supply, though. It's much closer for him to go to the Atwoods on Charles Page Boulevard. As far as I know, he's never had a problem using it there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom