Transporting Seniors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Started this thread a day or two ago but apparently I didn’t hit post. 🤷🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

My Mother-in-Law could be looking at taking a long trip over several states (more like cross-country) and were kind of at a loss as to what would be the best way to accomplish such a trip. She’s 95 years old and can’t fly so we’re looking at some sort of “road trip”. Figured my OSA friends can be pretty darn creative so if any of you have suggestions I’d love to hear them.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Started this thread a day or two ago but apparently I didn’t hit post. 🤷🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

My Mother-in-Law could be looking at taking a long trip over several states (more like cross-country) and were kind of at a loss as to what would be the best way to accomplish such a trip. She’s 95 years old and can’t fly so we’re looking at some sort of “road trip”. Figured my OSA friends can be pretty darn creative so if any of you have suggestions I’d love to hear them.

Is this all about the journey or just making it to the destination? I assume there are mobility concerns and maybe medical?

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is this all about the journey or just making it to the destination? I assume there are mobility concerns and maybe medical?
Good question. This is not so much a vacation trip but what’s the most expeditious and comfortable way to get her from point “A” to point “B”. She’s one sharp tongued old gal and I’d prefer as little time possible spent trapped in a tight space receiving endless insults.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good question. This is not so much a vacation trip but what’s the most expeditious and comfortable way to get her from point “A” to point “B”. She’s one sharp tongued old gal and I’d prefer as little time possible spent trapped in a tight space receiving endless insults.

If you are looking for expeditious, then team driving straight through with 2 or 3 drivers might be the answer.
As far as space goes, maybe compare the cost of renting something roomy vs the cost of gas and wear and tear on your own vehicle.

forindooruseonly

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How far is it? If she's mean, she'll only get meaner cramped up for a long period of time.

The way I see it, you have two options. Drive it all at once and take the tongue lashing but get it over with in one shot, or split it up into smaller chunks of four to five hours and hide in the hotel when not driving. Maybe that won't be as bad, but it will drag it out over a few days.

Earbuds are a thing too....

Latest posts

Top Bottom