TV Commercials

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most gas pump readers don't use the chip and some allow you to insert the card facing either way as they have mag stripe readers on both side, so he might have been inserting it correctly.
I don't know if it's the same one he saw, but I've seen at least one where the guy was sticking the card into a chip reader slot with the chip plainly visible on the end not stuck into the slot...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most gas pump readers don't use the chip and some allow you to insert the card facing either way as they have mag stripe readers on both side, so he might have been inserting it correctly.
Correct. In our travels, I've only encountered two stations that accepted the chip card the correct way. It holds your card while reading the chip then releases it to the owner. I think it was Speedway stations, but subject to correction on that.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For only about a dollar a day, you can help a sick puppy...

Now don’t get me wrong, I like dogs and all, but it’s that slow, tear jerkin’ music they play that makes me not want to give them any money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ones that drove me nuts while I was in the hospital were all the ambulance chaser commercials. If you EVER used this product and this happened to you call 1 800 stick it to them. Might has well have just come out and said, let us sue somebody for you, anybody, PLEASE!

Tried that on the honda airbag lawsuit, they called me and said I'd get a check for $5,000. Then, I waited and waited for said check and it never came, I called the law firm for a year and finally the attorney got in touch with me and said that he got me confused with another J. Knight in West Virginia that owned a honda pilot.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Correct. In our travels, I've only encountered two stations that accepted the chip card the correct way. It holds your card while reading the chip then releases it to the owner. I think it was Speedway stations, but subject to correction on that.

Yes. Here in Indiana, Speedway stations do have the chip readers, supposedly for more security. Other stations do have card readers where one can insert the card with the magnetic strip on either side.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For only about a dollar a day, you can help a sick puppy...

Now don’t get me wrong, I like dogs and all, but it’s that slow, tear jerkin’ music they play that makes me not want to give them any money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang that Sarah McLaughlin!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom