TV Commercials

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The other day I saw a commercial for Tinker Federal Credit Union. They were trying to pitch the convenience of using their cards for all of your daily transactions, like that's new. But the guy was at the gas station, buying gas and when they zoomed in to show him inserting his TFCU card, you could clearly read the TFCU logo, but you could also see the smart chip. Which means he inserted it backwards ...

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ones that drove me nuts while I was in the hospital were all the ambulance chaser commercials. If you EVER used this product and this happened to you call 1 800 stick it to them. Might has well have just come out and said, let us sue somebody for you, anybody, PLEASE!
Oh, that smarmy Jeff Martin has gone one better--he's now running ads that combine RoundUp, mesothelioma, talcum powder, military ear plugs, and tight underwear into one big pile of ambulance chasing in a single commercial. As if just seeing his normal commercials and those subjects being individually covered by separate law firms at every commercial break wasn't bad enough. Ugh. Makes one pine for the good old days when drug companies and lawyers couldn't advertise on TV...

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The other day I saw a commercial for Tinker Federal Credit Union. They were trying to pitch the convenience of using their cards for all of your daily transactions, like that's new. But the guy was at the gas station, buying gas and when they zoomed in to show him inserting his TFCU card, you could clearly read the TFCU logo, but you could also see the smart chip. Which means he inserted it backwards ...
Most gas pump readers don't use the chip and some allow you to insert the card facing either way as they have mag stripe readers on both side, so he might have been inserting it correctly.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mind control works on many people, otherwise advertisers would not be buying airtime.

I usually ask myself..."If this product or service is half a great as they are saying it is, why do they have to pay to get the word out?"

Happiness is just over the fence....one product or service away

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What gets me is why the US Postal Service has commercials, we KNOW they're there, we use them daily and the word is that they're operating in the red so why spend money they don't have for advertisement? And Tinker Credit Union? Why are they spending money advertising? They have the world by the tail already. Not only advertisement but giving monetary awards like paying off an automobile for member, making a deposit equal to one's paycheck etc. You'd think that TAFB FCU was run by politicians they're so free with their money.

Last edited:

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
What gets me is why the US Postal Service has commercials, we KNOW they're there, we use them daily and the word is that they're operating in the red so why spend money they don't have for advertisement? And Tinker Credit Union? Why are they spending money advertising? They have the world by the tail already. Not only advertisement but giving monetary awards like paying off an automobile for member, making a deposit equal to one's paycheck etc. You'd think that TAFB FCU was run by politicians they're so free with their money.

My pet peeve before I retired from USPS. You should have seen some of the ridiculous marketing meetings I had to attend. I tried to make the same point. I turned 55 on a Feb 25 and retired 6 days later. Too many idiots in upper levels making stupid decisions on stuff like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Top Bottom