TV Repair Samsung DLP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any amatuer/professional TV repairmen on the boards?

Got a DLP TV, previous owner had replaced the color wheel but that hadn't fixed it. I replaced the lamp and the ballast, still no dice. The green lamp light just blinks like it's warming up but it never gets there.

Different question on a related topic, does anybody know of a repair shop with a relatively low bench fee? I'm already $200 into a TV that can be replaced for $400-$600 so I'm not really looking to put a lot more cash into it.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont know how much faith I would have in the tv, mines on its 3rd lamp/ballast assembly, 1 wheel, and a mainboard, just shy of 4 years old. Best bet would be to try and find a set for parts, or see if you can return the lamp, and put that towards whatevers left...

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont know how much faith I would have in the tv, mines on its 3rd lamp/ballast assembly, 1 wheel, and a mainboard, just shy of 4 years old. Best bet would be to try and find a set for parts, or see if you can return the lamp, and put that towards whatevers left...
There were some lemons in the bunch. A guy I work with bought one and went through four lamps,color wheel,and mainboard in two years.
I've had mine since 04 and replaced the lamp for the first time a year ago. Mine is a runner.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
here's the codes from my manual. I've had one (for about 6 years now).
[Broken External Image]

Mine looks the same. The chart says it's warming up and we know that's not the case LOL. I'm going to check with the little repair shop in Moore tomorrow and if it's costs to much to look I at I think I'll be done trying to repair it. I may try to peddle it for parts on CL. Probably get more for it parting it out on eBay but I don't want to sell someone a bad part and there is obviously something in there that isn't working. I know the lamp and ballast are good :rolleyes:

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I don't want to knock the place too bad since you have a cousin working there, and they seemed like nice folks, but that's where I bought the first lamp for the functional Samsung I use(not the one I'm working on) and they were $50 higher on it than the one I ordered from samsungparts.com, so I'm betting that's not the kind of place to get a cheap diagnosis on an old tv. I appreciate the advice though - they do authorized repair for almost everybody so I'm sure that they are capable of making the repair just probably wouldn't be at a price that I find acceptable.

Latest posts

Top Bottom