Un****ing believable.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Touché.

I wasn't there that night either. But I'll tell ya this much...If I were to subject myself to liable and slander in an effort to sell more books - I would have picked just about anybody else over Jessie Ventura to lie about dotting his eye.
Me too. WTF was Kyle thinking?
I'm on OSA defending Jesse Ventura's point of view. LOL!

Last edited:

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Did he "deck" Jesse Ventura? Was Jesse Ventura involved? Did he "deck" a guy who just looked like Jesse Ventura? Did he really "deck" anyone? Did he just "make up" the story?

Maybe the justice system worked.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And maybe the next time any of us enlightened OSA ers is picked for jury duty, we shouldn't ***** and weasel our way out of jury duty.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From reading some stories it sounds like the publishers were pushing the Ventura angle, there is a story I'll have to find it where Kyle says he doesn't want to talk about Ventura anymore but publishers kept pushing it.

He should have let it go if he did not want to talk about it. It looks like one of the reasons Ventura won was that Kyle kept talking about punching Ventura. To me is sounds like Kyle was more interested in selling books and making money than telling the truth.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ventura will probably never see that money. Kyle was a cool cat? Everybody there that night thinks otherwise. People who were there that night think Kyle was a liar. Not a big deal. I wasn't there that night. I won't make inappropriate comments about the dead.

Unless an appeal is won or the amount is reduced, he probably will.

At least some of that money will be covered by "American Sniper" publisher HarperCollins' insurance policy. Borger said the $1.3 million for unjust enrichment will have to come from the book profits, but Olsen believes the policy will cover all the damages. Borger said he expects both sides will file papers on that and other issues soon.

The policy will pay the "unjust enrichment" part. Now if Ventura actually tries to collect the $500K from the estate (read, widow), then he will probably never get it and he can consider himself persona-non-grata with the SEAL community forever. Taking money from a book publisher's insurance company is one thing. Taking it from the widow and children of a deceased American hero is quite another! :(

OKfella

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And maybe the next time any of us enlightened OSA ers is picked for jury duty, we shouldn't ***** and weasel our way out of jury duty.

This.

I went, last time that I was called, but I was removed from the jury pool because of my views on the death penalty in capital cases. Even so, I went.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ventura publicly stated many times that he would withdraw the suit if Kyle would retract his statement. Kyle doubled down lost. Having cleared his name I would hope Ventura would take the high road and not penalize a widow. That would be poor form indeed.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
JV was looking for a fight. Such a brash comment in the wake of a fallen soldier in front of a bunch of trained bad asses. He got his ass handed to him and didn't like it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom