Un****ing believable.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From Taya Kyle, Chris Kyle's widow.

Anybody want some good news today?? Here it is:
1) Nothing that happens today or any other day re-writes history.
2) The truth is still the truth.
3) Chris Kyle stood for what is right and fiercely protected it with everything he had, including his life. I will do no less.
And... The message from a SEAL wife who I adore, said it best about all of us who have strength and fight even when we are momentarily down and you have the audacity to try and kick us:
Break our wings and we will grab a broom and fly circles around your ass!!
I hope it brought a smile to your face as it did mine.
For those of you who are in shock and speechless as I have been today... Rest assured... When it comes to my family, honor and standing up for what is right... As my dear friends Marcus and Melanie Luttrell say... "I AM NEVER OUT OF THE FIGHT!"
God Bless you and your family,
Taya

TenBears

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The verdict was announced around 1:20 p.m. Tuesday. The federal jury awarded Ventura $500,000 for defamation and $1.3 million for unjust enrichment. That brings the total to $1.8 million.
On the sixth day of deliberations, the jury decided that the 2012 best-selling book defamed Ventura in its description of a bar fight in California in 2006. Kyle wrote that he decked a man whom he later identified as Ventura after the man allegedly said the Navy SEALs "deserve to lose a few."

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't read the book and wasn't at the trial so i have no opinion about the award. I would want more info.

If Kyle actually did "deck a man" over a percieved insult he committed a criminal act.

I am disgusted about our court system, and frivolous lawsuits, and the assaulting of strangers. But again, I don't have enough info so my opinion isn't worth much.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldn't defend Jesse Ventura, but slander tends to make people like him angry. I'm not saying he's right or wrong, I'm saying that if you slander him to make money from a book, his reaction will be predictable.

Capo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Similar to the Zimmerman trial, 2 me know what happened and 1 is dead. I have heard a ton of Ventura interviews, and every time he's always glowing about the Navy Seals and his time with the branch. So I find it hard to believe he would say something like that. However, I don't think this single story sold all the books and don't know why Kyle would have to gain from lying.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i'm curious if anyone know what evidence was presented. To win a slander case, especially against a public figure, has some pretty high standards. Typically involving lying.

I don't have a clue about this case, or if ventura argued he wasn't a public figure in this case, but it does seem like there'd have to be some evidence to support his position that hasn't been presented here.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i'm curious if anyone know what evidence was presented. To win a slander case, especially against a public figure, has some pretty high standards. Typically involving lying.

I don't have a clue about this case, or if ventura argued he wasn't a public figure in this case, but it does seem like there'd have to be some evidence to support his position that hasn't been presented here.
People who were there on the night in question, swear under oath that Kyle's account never happened. Defamation is a very high bar to clear legally. The whole thing could still be reversed on appeal.

AAAAND, I couldn't give a flying ass fukc about Jesse Ventura, but the suit was filed before Kyle was killed, and the idea that a guy shouldn't react against lies being told about him...is sort of inexplicable, especially around here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom