Unconstitutional Oklahoma House of Reps Committee Kills Open Carry Bill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Again - timing. Who will really remember when it comes time to vote the bums out. And those that do? Most will fall prey to the it's your guy who sucks, my guy is an angel syndrome and most of the malefactors will retain their seats as always.

There's a saying in political science...(paraphrase)...People hate Congress but love their Congressman.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone else look at the way this thing has played out and think, "There must be a very powerful and rabidly anti-gun individual or group behind the scenes who is pulling strings to make open carry disappear?"

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dale00 said:
Does anyone else look at the way this thing has played out and think, "There must be a very powerful and rabidly anti-gun individual or group behind the scenes who is pulling strings to make open carry disappear?"

It's called Higher Education - the most lucrative source of income when a politician retires in Oklahoma.

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I've thought before that it's good for manufacturers and retailers if gun rights appear to be in jeopardy all the time. Think about it, stories come out reporting the attack on 2A by our politicians, people start to "buy now and stock up" on that firearm or ammo they've been putting off, that creates a demand and prices go up even though production (supply) doesn't really decrease.

I've never been a conspiracy theorist but it is good for gun manufacturers and retailers if this panic sets in. Surely there's something or someone convincing them into this madness. I guess I'm hoping they're directed and not just stupid.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

The former occupant of my home is or was a ORA member. The ORA newsletter showed up at my home mailbox a couple weeks ago as a result.

Unless my reading skills are compromised- the ORA editorial seemed to be in favor of open carry... would the ORA double-deal it's members over the offical posture on such an issue?

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
jcizzle said:
I've thought before that it's good for manufacturers and retailers if gun rights appear to be in jeopardy all the time. Think about it, stories come out reporting the attack on 2A by our politicians, people start to "buy now and stock up" on that firearm or ammo they've been putting off, that creates a demand and prices go up even though production (supply) doesn't really decrease.

I've never been a conspiracy theorist but it is good for gun manufacturers and retailers if this panic sets in. Surely there's something or someone convincing them into this madness. I guess I'm hoping they're directed and not just stupid.

Gun rights organizations can only continue to exist when those rights appear threatened.McDonald opened a new market for 2A litigation which is why the NRA and GOA both applauded the decision to subject the Second Amendment to Due Process as a major victory.

Latest posts

Top Bottom