Unconstitutional Oklahoma House of Reps Committee Kills Open Carry Bill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone else look at the way this thing has played out and think, "There must be a very powerful and rabidly anti-gun individual or group behind the scenes who is pulling strings to make open carry disappear?"

Those strings are actually gelding bands. All those dangling at end of those "strings" seem to loose their pair.

Woody

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Would it be possible to get the Governor involved?

If anyone really believes that Mary Fallin is TRULY pro 2A, I have some very attractive beach property in North Tulsa for sale..........

Mary Fallin will probably sign any pro-gun legislation that she deems not damaging to her career but will definitely not step out of her standard RINO stance on ANY issue much less a 2A issue.

Michael Brown

Spec ops Grunt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't doubt it, Michael Brown, but I'm just sort of wondering if she will get involved. I find it interesting how little media attention this has gotten. Even the local talk radio stations aren't mentioning it.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The former occupant of my home is or was a ORA member. The ORA newsletter showed up at my home mailbox a couple weeks ago as a result.

Unless my reading skills are compromised- the ORA editorial seemed to be in favor of open carry... would the ORA double-deal it's members over the offical posture on such an issue?

Can you scan that and post a pic? I'd be very interested in seeing exactly what they are printing to the membership.

Maybe I do need to renew just to keep tabs on who is supposed to be standing up for our rights...

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can you scan that and post a pic? I'd be very interested in seeing exactly what they are printing to the membership.

Maybe I do need to renew just to keep tabs on who is supposed to be standing up for our rights...

Here is the Editorial (No Scanner... and I've stopped about a 'graph short, he tries to logic Campus carry to the concerns ove SDA years ago)

"When are We Going to Trust SDA Holders?" by Charles H. Smith Executive Director ORA

This year witnessed a large increase in the number of bills relating to the firearms and sportsman's issues in the Oklahoma Legislature. I the past there would only be from five to ten bills to monitor. This year there have been thirty ot forty bills introduced.

It is apparent that everyone wants to be a freind of the Second Amendment. There is, however, one particular proposition that is failing to gain proper consideration.

I believe it is time to start looking at a problem our legislature refuses to adequately address.

It is time to review our self-defense law, "concealed carry", and come down on the side of the average law abiding citizen who possesses and Oklahoma Self Defense license.

Holders of the OK SDA go through a series of requirements to obtain such a licence. They must go through training for firearms safety,the law, and are more thoroughly checked out than some indivduals becoming law enforcement officers.

SDA has been a very good law. Ten years of history supports this. Yet the individuals who obtain an SDA license are not fully trusted by the state. Just look at some of the probhitions against places where they are not allowed to carry personal protection firearms.

Have you noted every time a law is proposed for Carry on Campus? Get ready for the outcry from the elites in acadaemia. In other instances...

Well ...you get the point. He really just kinda sorta comes out half heartedly endorsing Campus carry sorta....maybe.

But his last sentence is telling, "When are we going to start adressing the concerns of law abiding Oklahomans an trusting them?"

I did note the "Sharpshooter" ran several inches of copy about carry without permits in other states.

So.... I guess my mind found more endorsment than I though. Sounds like they are trying to play it both ways and speak as politicians - saying little of nothing.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone else look at the way this thing has played out and think, "There must be a very powerful and rabidly anti-gun individual or group behind the scenes who is pulling strings to make open carry disappear?"

State Chamber of Commerce.
Reliable source of Republican Party funding.
Better organized than gun owners.
Keep a lobbyist on the payroll.
Opposed to open carry.............................somewhat tolerant of concealed carry, now that we've had it awhile.

Add in certain influential LE figures and the education adminisitrators., and that's quite a bit of political influence--more than open carry proponents.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
State Chamber of Commerce.
Reliable source of Republican Party funding.
Better organized than gun owners.
Keep a lobbyist on the payroll.
Opposed to open carry.............................somewhat tolerant of concealed carry, now that we've had it awhile.

Add in certain influential LE figures and the education adminisitrators., and that's quite a bit of political influence--more than open carry proponents.

It's gotta be a money thing. We out here cast far to many votes for the votes of those mentioned above to matter.

Woody

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's gotta be a money thing. We out here cast far to many votes for the votes of those mentioned above to matter.

Woody

You would be suprised what the Oklahoma Municiple Leauge or Chamber of Commerce will trade away to further their agenda. They are NOT the freind of liberty nor the working People of Oklahoma.

Follow the money. We may vote for the politicians... but money makes bills go away and die in dark corners................

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is the Editorial (No Scanner... and I've stopped about a 'graph short, he tries to logic Campus carry to the concerns ove SDA years ago)

"When are We Going to Trust SDA Holders?" by Charles H. Smith Executive Director ORA

This year witnessed a large increase in the number of bills relating to the firearms and sportsman's issues in the Oklahoma Legislature. I the past there would only be from five to ten bills to monitor. This year there have been thirty ot forty bills introduced.

It is apparent that everyone wants to be a freind of the Second Amendment. There is, however, one particular proposition that is failing to gain proper consideration.

I believe it is time to start looking at a problem our legislature refuses to adequately address.

It is time to review our self-defense law, "concealed carry", and come down on the side of the average law abiding citizen who possesses and Oklahoma Self Defense license.

Holders of the OK SDA go through a series of requirements to obtain such a licence. They must go through training for firearms safety,the law, and are more thoroughly checked out than some indivduals becoming law enforcement officers.

SDA has been a very good law. Ten years of history supports this. Yet the individuals who obtain an SDA license are not fully trusted by the state. Just look at some of the probhitions against places where they are not allowed to carry personal protection firearms.

Have you noted every time a law is proposed for Carry on Campus? Get ready for the outcry from the elites in acadaemia. In other instances...

Well ...you get the point. He really just kinda sorta comes out half heartedly endorsing Campus carry sorta....maybe.

But his last sentence is telling, "When are we going to start adressing the concerns of law abiding Oklahomans an trusting them?"

I did note the "Sharpshooter" ran several inches of copy about carry without permits in other states.

So.... I guess my mind found more endorsment than I though. Sounds like they are trying to play it both ways and speak as politicians - saying little of nothing.

Thanks for posting it. I think those words they printed could be used to show them how they need to stand behind them and fully support the measures up for vote.

Latest posts

Top Bottom