Unmarked police cars in Tulsa…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yesterday on 169 near 61st Street S, I passed a medium blue SUV with hidden emergency lights going, parked behind a victim on the shoulder. Probably doing traffic enforcement.

This morning, also on 169, I passed a black SUV, also with hidden emergency lights activated, parked behind another victim on the shoulder. Neither SUV was marked in any way.

Who made the decision to allow TPD (at least, I assume that’s who it was, though neither vehicle showed it) to use unmarked cars for traffic enforcement? I think it’s a despicable, sneaky, underhanded stunt which can only damage the image of the department. I’m all for the use of unmarked vehicles for homicide investigations, drugs, child trafficking, and other such duties, but not for traffic enforcement. Use clearly marked cars for that. So who made the decision, does anyone know?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yesterday on 169 near 61st Street S, I passed a medium blue SUV with hidden emergency lights going, parked behind a victim on the shoulder. Probably doing traffic enforcement.

This morning, also on 169, I passed a black SUV, also with hidden emergency lights activated, parked behind another victim on the shoulder. Neither SUV was marked in any way.

Who made the decision to allow TPD (at least, I assume that’s who it was, though neither vehicle showed it) to use unmarked cars for traffic enforcement? I think it’s a despicable, sneaky, underhanded stunt which can only damage the image of the department. I’m all for the use of unmarked vehicles for homicide investigations, drugs, child trafficking, and other such duties, but not for traffic enforcement. Use clearly marked cars for that. So who made the decision, does anyone know?
Hey, they gotta pay for their woke policies somehow! :(

918evo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Besides the motorcycles, all of the TPD traffic cops are unmarked Taurus and Explorers and have been like that for quite a few years.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone ever notice that it doesn’t matter if cop cars are marked or not when you aren’t breaking the law?
Maybe you all that have a problem with it should try not breaking the law? Makes life a lot easier/better overall.
No, they're still a PITA when they disrupt the flow of traffic during peak commuting hours, marked or not. :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom