Unmarked police cars in Tulsa…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ghost cop cars strike again !!!!!! if the TPD is really impeding the flow of traffic and a possible hazard, call the sheriff and report a unmarked vehicle doing just that.!!!!!!

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Plainly marked police cars working traffic are there for enhancing traffic safety. Unmarked police cars working traffic are there for revenue enhancement.

Norman PD used to have a couple of unmarked Crown Vics that would try to goad people into participating in the stoplight drags. The old folks at church called them Darth Vader and Twinkletoes, which should tell you a lot about what the community thought of them.

Not that anybody in Norman city gov't gave two sh*ts and a flying f*** about what the community thought. There are things I miss about Norman, but the city gov't ain't among them.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They were using unmarked cars in 2009. Ask me how I know…..

I drove an unmarked, maroon, 96 Caprice for a couple of years in the late 90s. Of course it had the blacked out wheels and spotlights so if you didn't have your head up your a55, you'd know it was a cruiser.

I loved driving that car. That was back when police cars were big and bad. I hated it when Chevy discontinued that car and we went to Crown Vics.

Situational compliance isn't quite so easy when you don't know the po-po is watching you. "I stopped you for speeding and weaving in and out of traffic and generally driving like a dumbass." "Oh... I didn't know you were a cop." Like that should matter.

And I worked for the county so the "revenue" went into the state general fund. The county got very little. So there was no incentive for us to write tickets other than traffic enforcement...which contributed to the safety of the public. So that "revenue" argument doesn't really hold water outside of a municipality.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone ever notice that it doesn’t matter if cop cars are marked or not when you aren’t breaking the law?
Maybe you all that have a problem with it should try not breaking the law? Makes life a lot easier/better overall.
@HoLeChit, chiming in with his moral and superior intellect as usual 😂. I can’t imagine what it’s like to be so flawless lol. I’m just teasing fyi

How I Met Your Mother Please GIF by Laff

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I drove an unmarked, maroon, 96 Caprice for a couple of years in the late 90s. Of course it had the blacked out wheels and spotlights so if you didn't have your head up your a55, you'd know it was a cruiser.

I loved driving that car. That was back when police cars were big and bad. I hated it when Chevy discontinued that car and we went to Crown Vics.

Situational compliance isn't quite so easy when you don't know the po-po is watching you. "I stopped you for speeding and weaving in and out of traffic and generally driving like a dumbass." "Oh... I didn't know you were a cop." Like that should matter.

And I worked for the county so the "revenue" went into the state general fund. The county got very little. So there was no incentive for us to write tickets other than traffic enforcement...which contributed to the safety of the public. So that "revenue" argument doesn't really hold water outside of a municipality.
I wish I could give more than one “like” to this. I was indeed speeding when I got that ticket, so i deserved it. I have lost two friends to accidents caused by speed. Speeding in city limits is just plain stupid. There is no time saved by MPH over the posted limit during a ten minute trip.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wish I could give more than one “like” to this. I was indeed speeding when I got that ticket, so i deserved it. I have lost two friends to accidents caused by speed. Speeding in city limits is just plain stupid. There is no time saved by MPH over the posted limit during a ten minute trip.
I was driving in SE portland one time around lunchtime. I was driving a pickup with a big enclosed fifth wheel trailer in the left hand lane. I stopped at a crosswalk to let a lady and her two kids cross. I look out my right mirror and I noticed a sedan coming screaming up in the right lane not even slowing at all and isn’t even considering why I’m stopped. The lady and her kids with at my front passenger corner when I hit my horn and when I did that she jumped and the car finally saw her after he had crossed the plane of my trailer. He slammed the breaks and swerved over the curb and onto the sidewalk almost hitting a building. He had to have been going 50 in a 30. Literally thought I was going to witness at least a couple people get splattered on the road because some moron thought his car was fast. Freaking idiots

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
On another different line, how many of you have noticed red and blue lights installed on nonpolice/fire vehicles visible from the front? I saw a tree trimming truck with an amber and a red LED strobe in OKC the other day and at night I see street sweepers with both reds and blues.

To me, it cheapens the state law designating emergency vehicles.

Latest posts

Top Bottom