Walmart Score

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
^^ Already done. There were two shells with some discoloration right around the rim where it contacted the bottom of the box. They had long since dried. They're safely in a Cabela's dry box now.

Funny thing is, it takes a herd of wild horses to drag me into Walmart. I was only in there today because I was killing time while my truck was being serviced.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good deal, but I've not crossed their doorstep in almost 6 years now.
I'd gladly pay twice that at another store.
It's a personal issue, not trying to diss on the OP, and glad they got a deal they are happy with.
When wallyworld decided to go woke and ban semi-auto's and pistol caliber ammo, I was done with them.
There is a list of firearms retailers that I do not do business with because of their past transgressions.
There is another list of those I do business with because they support the firearm community and have tried to work with them.
I understand how businesses work. They have to make a profit to exist. I get that. Some go beyond that. They are on that list I don't do business with.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have businesses like that. Apple. It's just a company that rubs me the wrong way and, personally, I've always thought their products were overrated. I know many disagree with that, and that's OK. But I have a strict NBA policy...Never Buy Apple.

My wife and both bought new phones a year ago. She got an iPhone. Bugs me every time I see it. And, she always complains about it for one thing or another and asks me to figure out what's wrong. I can't because I don't know how they work. I get a smug sense of superiority by telling her that's what she gets for buying an Apple product.

I really hate Walmart. But, it's about the only viable game in town for a lot of things here.

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Check back to see if they restock at that price.

Some years ago, the WM on 15th Street and I35 had 100 round boxes of Federal 45ACP 230gr. FMJ at $23 out the door. I bought all they had. Came back a few days later, bought all they had. This went on for a couple months. Had over 5,000 rounds before they quit selling at that price.

Tiffany’s recently sold a set of $14,000 earrings for $14. Kudos to Tiffany’s for honoring their error.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Check back to see if they restock at that price.

<snip>

The boxes had actually gotten wet on the bottom at some point. I think that's why they were marked down. When I opened them and put the ammo into a plastic dry box, a couple of rounds from the bottom of the individual boxes had some really minor tarnish right around the edge of the brass. Nothing significant or worrisome in the slightest.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good deal, but I've not crossed their doorstep in almost 6 years now.
I'd gladly pay twice that at another store.
It's a personal issue, not trying to diss on the OP, and glad they got a deal they are happy with.
When wallyworld decided to go woke and ban semi-auto's and pistol caliber ammo, I was done with them.
There is a list of firearms retailers that I do not do business with because of their past transgressions.
There is another list of those I do business with because they support the firearm community and have tried to work with them.
I understand how businesses work. They have to make a profit to exist. I get that. Some go beyond that. They are on that list I don't do business with.

Amateur ... Lol ... It has been 20 years if it has been a day. Actually probably closer to 24 or 25. We realized that when we went into one of "those places" 😉😂 we (as in both of us, not just me) wound up WAY more broke than we had intended to be (or wanted to be).

And honestly, we have been able to find everything we needed or wanted at perfectly reasonable prices everywhere else in town.

I did recently darken the "door" to their Garden Center because a friend of mine told they had a particular house plant I had been looking for and been unable to find (a particular variety of variegated, fenestrated Monstera) for less than $200 online. I got my new baby for $19.99!! Not my pic -- I'm lounging in the house and too lazy to go to the back -- but check it out!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/139985...474a202c3379899866231f9998b84449%3A1399856992

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have businesses like that. Apple. It's just a company that rubs me the wrong way and, personally, I've always thought their products were overrated. I know many disagree with that, and that's OK. But I have a strict NBA policy...Never Buy Apple.

My wife and both bought new phones a year ago. She got an iPhone. Bugs me every time I see it. And, she always complains about it for one thing or another and asks me to figure out what's wrong. I can't because I don't know how they work. I get a smug sense of superiority by telling her that's what she gets for buying an Apple product.

I really hate Walmart. But, it's about the only viable game in town for a lot of things here.
We are an anti Apple house and this is from someone who grew up with an original Apple 2. I just don't like the way they do business and the walled garden approach to everything. They are also very anti repair.

Latest posts

Top Bottom